1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishwasher advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Oct 9, 2015.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Need a new dish washer, looking on advice for what to look for, where to look etc...

Going stainless, but dont need or want the very top of the line viking stuff.

Anyone know of a scratch and dent store in NOVA?

Thanks

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Bosch.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

+1

26 Years doing residential appliance repair

:FL:

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Call Dits

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Avoid Samsung.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

What's your hair color preference? :D

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Beat me to it - I thought about the hair thing but I was trying to work some sort of mail order bride reference in too :D

8. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

+1 on Bosch

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I was hoping it was a "I can't get my dishwasher to clean properly" thread so I could say take her out to dinner once a week :)
    Cheers, Lee S.

10. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

My parents just got a Bosch and is was junk. Very loud, leaks, causing steam damage.
    It really surprised me because my opinion, for whatever reason, based on fact or marketing or otherwise, I always thought Bosch was very high quality.
    I figured it was a fluke. So I bought a Bosch over the stove microwave anyway. It broke a month or two out of warranty. Heats glass plates until they crack without heating the food.

We ended up with an electolux dishwasher and we like it just fine.

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I have a Bosch, five years old, still working well and very quiet, I'd buy another

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not all Bosch products are created equal. The stuff they sell through the big box retailers is not their best product. It's not bad, but they have better for not that much more.

13. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Very happy with our Kitchen Aid. Our previous Amana, not so much.

But like others have said, it's more than just a brand, has a lot to do with the model. Also how you load the dishes, and softness/hardness of your water.

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Kenmore Elite has worked great for 12+ years. My only criticism is, it doesn't load itself :p

It's seriously quiet when operating.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Borrow Metalhead's dishwasher once a week.

16. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Mine is a Whirlpool that I bought new in 1998. Still works great buy I usually only run it once a week

17. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

Energy star continually raising the efficiency levels has ruined appliances. That being said the higher end Bosch's with the built in water softener are fairly good. Unfortunately, the big box stores have not so good models in the stores and you have to go to a real appliance store or special order from the big box online. Thermador and Miele have some nice dishwashers, too. Kitchen Aid, I believe is the last true heated dry dishwasher available as the rest use the steam to dry the dishes.

It now takes 3 hours to do what took 30 minutes in the 70s and the result is not as good, but, it's more energy efficient.

At least they are quiet.

Odilup likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wondered who would be first. :D

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

We love ours. Spotless dishes, super quiet.

I use the dish powder that's good for septic tanks (1/5 of the price of tabs) still perfect.

Attached Files:

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Help me beyond the math.
    3 hours for an energy efficient washer vs 45 minutes for a gets-the-dishes-clean-and-dry energy monster...

House. We have a Bosch. I hate it. Takes forever, doesn't dry everything. (Let's not talk about being able to load shit).

Upscale apartment living washer. Some Amana/KitchenAid/Whirlpool generic looking thing. Loved it. Dishes are done without wanting to fling them off the balcony chased with birdshot. (Let's talk about being able to load the shit out of it).

What am I missing?