1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishwasher advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Oct 9, 2015.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you seriously trying to educate Broome?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was a polite point and laugh.

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I seem to recall a similar Cannoli story from years ago...

5. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Not one vote for GE? I have 2 entry-level GE units in my houses and both are on 10+ years and 1 service call between the 2. Pretty quiet and clean just fine. Of course, now I just jinxed them and will have to replace within the month. :rolleyes:

6. Glad to know it isnt just me.:D

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yeah but it's Cannoli...

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Resurrecting this thread since the Kitchenaid we bought a few years ago is already heading south (top tray bits have started breaking and it's also making a lovely bearings are shot noise). Not going to bother with repair, it being only a couple of years old and already falling apart tells me it will continue down that path and I ain't got time for that. Thinking about a Bosch, thoughts?

9. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I have been hearing a lot of complaints from recent Bosch customers - similar to your kitchen aid complaints. Biggest issue has been lack of support / unavailable parts or high cost for parts you can get. Fisher-Paykel seems to be getting the good reviews right now. Or buy a cheap frigidaire/whatever brand is still the box store and plan to replace it in 5 to 7 years. Won't be as quiet or pretty, but it will be cheap.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Our bosch has been fine for a couple years now. Very quiet and does a great job. Then again, we went to an appliance store, not a big box.

11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

+1000000 on Bosch. Super f'ing quiet.

12. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Bosch here too

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had a Maytag for 7 years and it was great, and still going. The only thing the control Panel lights did fizz out, but still works.

Bought a Samsung for the new place, and it has been a learning curve, but quiet and good for the most part.

14. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Paid $1200 for a Fisher-Paykel.
    Threw it in the dumpster 5 years later.
    Paid $800 for a Bosch, made in North Carolina.
    So quiet you can't hear it.

V5 Racer and BigBird like this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Our Bosch just let out its smoke. Motherboard gave up the ghost. Washer had been running fine, was messin' around gettin' a cup of coffee, maybe had the faucet running and I was like, what's that sizzling sound?
    I got it before it tripped the breaker...

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

my best one was my cheapest one, and is still that Maytag. It was a bit loud, but it still worked 6-7 years later and it cleaned extremely well. Very rarely did we ever have to redo something. My current samsung cleans ok, definitely doesn't hold as much, pretty quiet, but it's one main pro is the door opening while drying is great.

I would probably try an LG next time around.

17. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Our Bosch went out after 18 years, replaced it with another Bosch.

This one has a red light to let you know it's running.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Kenmore just stopped, all the lights went out...dead as a door nail. A little looking and it turns out it had a fusible link that was not replaceable....I called BS and replaced it anyways. That was a year ago, still going strong...15 years and counting.

BigBird likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Almost 7 years in and we still love our Bosch DW. I am so glad I told the builder to take his GE discount and shove it on the dishwasher. If I had only done the same with the fridge and built in convection / microwave that would have been even better. At least the GE Profile wall oven and cook top are still doing well so far.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Lookin' at GE Profile. Would match the fridge that's goin' on 12 years...one fault with a cheap thermistor and the fridge is still running strong.

One thought for matching appliances is that we may move soon and I don't want to have a mish-mash of visual cues or apparent quality when the buyer strolls through...