1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Department of Suspension/Jason Etter: BEWARE!

Discussion in 'General' started by tye1138, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You want some advice from someone who is reading this? Just stop posting. Everyone knows who you are and what business you run. You dug a hole and look pretty silly. Take that for what it's worth.

2. tylerl

tylerl Well-Known Member

Well Said.:up:

3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think that is much more succinctly stated than my post. Exactly what I was trying to get across.

4. random hero

random hero Banned

What a class act...... Oh I mean a complete fucking idiot. Thanks for the heads up, I'll steer clear of anything you, or your buddy Jason are involved in. :rolleyes:

5. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

Wow! Some of the things I'm hearing! After 6 years With Stt I will be nesba from now on.

6. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Dang, STT-GUY. It looks like you might have cost your track day company, Sportbike Track Time, a little money in this thread.

Keep up the good work. :up:

7. Nahullo

Nahullo Member

I don’t know and have never purchased anything from Jason/DOS. It seems clear he has some work to do toward improving his rep on this board and his business. I wish him well and good luck on improving his personal and professional lives.

I don’t know Monte well; I did some STT days in the South when I lived in Nashville (now I am in CA). The events were well run and Monte seemed genuinely engaged in what his customers wanted / thought about the events. I do not agree with what Monte said regarding DOS customers who have experienced a lack of product/services, responses, refunds. But he was man enough to say he was wrong for what he wrote.

I know from personal experience that hearing negative comments about a friend can be hard to bear – especially if the comments are true (ref: just the lack of product/services, response, and refund). Try not to fault Monte too much for sticking-up for a friend. It may not always be the wisest decision to step in front of a flying bar stool, but it is a mistake some of us have made in the past.

When I get back to the East Coast, and convince a friend to let me borrow one of his bikes, I’ll do a STT event again.

8. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

:up: Well said. I USED to be an STT member. All the F-bomb dropping over this, sorry Monte, low class.

9. Rookie

Rookie -

i heart people!!!

10. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Backpedaling.....for when you miss the editing window! :D

11. Poop

Poop solid today

12. MidOhioJake

MidOhioJake New Member

Wow....Missed This!

A friend of mine just sent me these links on the whole Jason Etter / DOS deal. Just when you think you've heard it all...look at these threads! I've heard some good and some bad about this guy, but it looks like it's a slaughter going on over there. Seems like he finally pissed off the wrong set of people, cause they're talking about local cops, county cops, Federal enforcement, etc...a bunch of jurisdictions all cooperating. Looks like it's all really happening:

Off of Ducati.ms:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=79095

Off of Speedzilla:

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ge...department-suspension-jason-etter-beware.html

Looks like the same guy started both of them, but different people - and lots of em - have joined in the threads. This is pretty crazy, I didn't know all this was going on.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  13. LBNY

LBNY Member

Do not send this guy your money. I've never posted before and have no motives besides making sure nobody has to go through the same bs. Heard Jason had a good reputation being from Section 8 Superbike. Sent him a large amount of money after he said parts were boxed and ready to go. Waited 5 weeks no parts. He got pissed at me calling him and stopped returning calls. Left me a message that everyone in this world does not get along and we don't have to work together. Left him a message that that is all good either send me back my money or the parts. He put me in a very bad position with my customer. ($3000 deposit) Was ready to refund our customer and crate shows up. Parts were OK but not worth the hassle. This guy is a pain in the a$$. There are enough hard working reputable people out there to deal with.

STT is another story in itself.

14. Cloudsplitter

Cloudsplitter Active Member

Screwed out of $1350, CALL COPS!!!

Following up on my previous post... long story short, I got NOTHING from Jason Etter. I'm out $1355... Reading up on other posts I think some people are going after this guy with his local Poilce Department.

If any of you who also got screwed by this guy are in contact with his local police Department, or taking other legal action, please let me know!! I'll add fuel to the fire!

my email is [email protected]
    Luke

15. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Can you dispute the charge to your CC company or PayPal?

BTW - I promised that I would try to contact Jason. I did, three emails and a call. I never recieved a reply. Bonnie also has not had any communication/response to a couple of emails. I must say that he has certainly "screwed the pooch" with his recent actions.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Guys - send your stuff to Mike Fitzgerald. It's honestly the best thing you can do. No hassles, just straight results. You get your stuff built and tuned by the guy who works with the most top-level racers in the country, hands down.

17. flyingfun

flyingfun Member

DITTO!!!!!!

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

+1

19. cage333

cage333 Well-Known Member

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member