1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Department of Suspension/Jason Etter: BEWARE!

Discussion in 'General' started by tye1138, Jan 13, 2010.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This is sooooooo funny.

News for you smarty....that sponsor of yours makes a living out of fvcking over "decent" folks and businesses who in good faith loaned out money to people who promised to repay it. Basically your sponsor who is a bankruptcy attorney makes a living and gives you money out of fvcking over people/firms owed money and you're here saying how uncool it is that you are on the recieving end of something similar......Oh the irony! Karma anyone?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

His sponsor is a bankruptcy attorney, so it's cool to screw him out of 1200 dollars? That's seriously your argument?

Wow...

3. tylerl

tylerl Well-Known Member

A respectable business is my sponsor. And that is your problem with me? Really? I have asked for my money back weeks ago for a product i never recieved. Nor can I reach the person who has taken my money. But, you take shots at me?

4. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

...And now, YOU'RE out of line.

Karma? Are you serious?
    Monte,
    Which one is it?
    Are we supposed to stick to the facts & not assert that Jason has a substance abuse problem? OK everyone. Lets stick to the fact & not paint outside the lines. Monte said so, so lets keep this civil. Wait. What? He did what? What the fuck does the chosen profession of the SPONSOR of the guy GETTING SCREWED OUT OF CASH have anything to do with it?

So, Monte. Which one is it going to be? Do we stick with your assertion that several ppl here have been & are currently getting screwed out of cash because Jason suffers from depression?
    Or is it ok for some ppl to get screwed because THEIR SPONSOR makes a living in a manner that you don't approve of?
    Which one is it? Can you get Jason Etter on here to concur that he does in fact suffer from depression (Your words. Pretty strong thing to say about someone. You'd better know him pretty well)? Or, have we reached a point where we need to know if Jason concurs with you with regards to your opinion of bankruptcy lawyers & now Jason needs to furnish a list of list of approved/unapproved sponsors for his customers. This way, when ppl from this BBS send their money/parts/both to DOS & Jason susequently disappears, the customer can figure out for themselves if it's the depression that he SUFFERS FROM (your words) that is the holdup, or if by chance the delay is due to the fact that their sponsor has the same profession as someone that Jason has a negative opinion of? Why wouldn't he think that way? You do. Right? Bankruptcy lawyers fuck people out of money, so if your friend happens to be screwing a guy whose sponsor is a bankruptcy lawyer, well, it's not SO bad. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Right?

That's basically what you just did. In your above post, you laughed at the guy who is having an issue getting his stuff & told him that it's Karma. Does Jason share your thoughts?

Talk about painting outside the lines.
    Talk about an out of line comment.
    Talk about reaching.
    I think at this point, it's safe to say that you're no longer helping Jason, actually, you're tarnishing his rep even further.
    If I was Jason & had issues getting peoples parts/money to them for whatever reason & I knew you were attempting to "help" me, yet laughing at the guy who is is having the issue & telling him it's "karma", i wouldn't be able to get in touch with you fast enough to tell you to STFU.
    Monte, i am of the opinion that you are a wreckless individual who does not know when to stop & has a set of brass balls.
    Again, that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:crackhead: That is one of the most ridiculous, irrational statements I've heard.

I'm all for sticking up for an alleged friend, but to make the argument that it's ok for tyler1 to get screwed out of $1200 because of the nature of his sponsor???? Well, that's just f'n retarded.

And another thing. If I had a 'friend' that is doing something shady whether it was due to self destructing behavior or a clinical condition or other issues that keep him from handling his business and people are bashing him, I'd be the lst one to kick him in the ass and drag him out in the public square and make him MAN-UP.

I would NOT try to rationalize to my friend why it's ok for him to only screw 'certain' people because of their job or their sponsor.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

What a load of shit. You've gotta be kidding.

7. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

You fellows need to understand something about STT-GUY. He believes that, if someone allows themselves to get ripped off, then they committed the ethical transgression, not the party that did the ripping off. To people like this, the ripped-off party asked for it. I don't know anything about the man at the focus of this thread, but if there is any truth to the allegations against him (and that's a big "if"), then it shouldn't surprise you that STT-GUY is his friend and comes to his defense. Birds of a feather.....

8. N2BateU

N2BateU Active Member

hahahahhahahah, that woke me up better than my morning coffee!

9. STT-Rider

Ok.. Karma was a bad choice of words and that was harsh. I don't wish this rider a loss of money paid out in good faith for a product, that's not cool to wish on anyone.

For the record I do not feel it is proper or honorable for a business or individual to intentionally fail to follow through on a promise to deliver goods/services or pay for same. Yes sometimes "stuff" happens but communication is the key and most customers seem to be willing to work with a vendor if they feel they are being treated fairly and honestly. Unfortunately it seems there are plenty of folks and businesses who do not agree and plenty of bankruptcy attorneys willing to help folks and businesses bail on thier committments.

I stand by the statement I made about the situation containing plenty of irony, it does and that's not good or bad..just ironic.

10. N2BateU

N2BateU Active Member

You should see his work at the ducati forums!

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

:crackhead:

You attack a guy's sponsor because he's been royally cheated by a guy you like? Strange logic. Reading through this it looks like a lot of guys have had trouble with DOS, from being disappointed to totally screwed, from having to borrow a bike because their suspension stuff wasn't done within anything close to a reasonable amount of time to being jacked for over a grand.

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone suffering from illness, mental or otherwise, but damn, you've got to work within the parameters that your physical or mental state allows, you can't just hang it out there and regularly fail to deliver.

One more reason to stick with Traxxion, Thermosman, or a known entity. This thread helps define the known entities and that makes it useful. Good luck to all parties getting it sorted out.

12. STT-Rider

Never anywhere did I say I supported DOS's business behaviour in the context discussed here in this thread... I did not rationalize it either. I made a statement based on my 15+ years of knowing Jason.

Additionally please find my statement where I said it's "ok" to screw certain people (or anyone) over... It didn't happen. This is a sucky situation all the way around. I don't like or support folks losng money.. and it's sad to see someone I have known for a long time put himself and his busness in this situation for any reason.

FWIW, I have not been in contact with Jason for while but I'll reach out to him and try to find out why this is happening. I really have no desire to get in teh middle of any of this but since I "jumped in" I should see if I can help the situation rather than stir the pot....so I'll give it a shot. I'll post up my success )or lack of...) in contacting Jason.

Edit - Just sent Jason an email.. I'll follow up with a phone call if I don't get a reply by Tuesday.I can only assume that he is aware of this thread and others...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trust me, I have :)

14. funfetti

funfetti Banned

:up::up::up:

thanks for reminding me to never buy from STT/affiliated companies EVER again..And I'll be sure to spread the word of what a class act you are.

15. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

No you did not specifically state you supported DOS business practices, but it was certainly implied and can logically be inferred that you "side" with this Jason guy.

Bankruptcy in a legal process by which a business can re-organize and hopefully survive. I hope you never have to use it and would not wish it on anyone. Bad business practice, poor customer service are one thing. Larceny is another. None of those can or should be compared to or equated to legitimate, accepted legal business practices, good customer service, or honest communication by a business to it's customers.

16. Cloudsplitter

Cloudsplitter Active Member

Getting back on track... Department Of Suspension? Good or Bad?

Hi everyone, this my first serious post on this forum other than searching for parts. It seems in the last few post the focus shifted a little from DoS to another direction so I'll tell my story to get back on track. No offense guys, you have every right to speak your mind.

So I also paid Jason $1150 for a 1098 suspension kit (30mm offset tree and lineal rear link). That was on DEC 4th. I echo the other posters... Jason is slow and has many excuses, and I still don't have the kit.

Funny thing is, just before my track-day buddy sent me the link to this thread, I got an email from Jason asking for another $175 to make me a new steering tube. The problem is I didn't pay attention... the kit is for 1098/1198 and I ride an 848. I thought the frame geometry and most other things were identical on the Ducati SBK family. No where in his ebay auction does it say that his kit works with the 848. MY FAULT! So I sent the additional $175 two days ago, but I have not heard from him since. In his message he claimed that my kit was packed up and ready to go when he noticed that my order form (which was not filled out until last week) said 848. So I guess we will see... he said he has to hand make the steer tube because he has not done a machine run of the new part yet. Setting myself up for another month of waiting?

So, I'm not going to deep-six the guy just yet. If he comes through with the kit I'll post pics of what I get. I agree that he takes way too long. For me, this is not the first time I've had to wait for expensive parts. Trying to speculate on what exactly his issue is proabably won't help anyone. He told me there was a problem with the heating unit in his home causing carbon monoxide to leak inside his house, making him and his dogs really sick. Maybe this is just one of a hundred excuses he's given out, but if he really has chronic depression my guess is he might be really embarrased about having to explain that to people. Just my humble opinion, but that dosen't justify poor buisness practices.... sorry Jason, thats just the real buisness world.

If you look at his ebay feed-back;

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

It shows that people have been getting the products they purchased, but there are many complaints about shipping time. One guy complains about 10 days! hey brother, I've been waiting 6 weeks! All I'm saying is that there is some evidence that he is getting products out, although slowly.

As far as being a one man show I'll venture this... he told me that his agreement with his machine shop, being what it is, has him paying the shop up front for work... and then he is S.O.L. if a customer asks for a refund. Well, IMO if you get into the parts buisness you should have the investment capitol to pay your sub-contractors to make your parts exclusive of the payments you get for the orders, then be able to back-up your product. Sounds to me like he cannot or does not want to take investment dollars from anyone or any bank so he can keep control of his buisness and maximize his profit margin while minmizing extra cost to the customer. So he's a one-man show taking one-off orders. I think this can work if you have a really good relationship with your machine shop and really fast turn-around. If it were me, I would prefer to have a performance based contract with the machine shop, or better yet own or lease my own machine tools to make my parts. Then again, like many others posted, it has been hard economic times for everyone. Jason just dosen't seem to have the up-front dollars to support a front-loaded stock of parts.

So I'm gonna stop rambling... I WILL post the end result if I ever get my kit with pics. I have learned to have a great deal of patientce and understanding with the Motorcycle industry as a whole. Ask me sometime about how I got screwed out of $11K on a custom Harley motor from Accurate Engineering.... but thats a whole other thread for a different forum.

17. STT-Rider

You are wrong in your statment "you "side" with this Jason guy" I responded to an accusation from someone that DOS's/Jason's actions were a result that he was on cocaine. I have stated multiple times that I do not support poor business practices, not sending out goods paid for ...etc..etc..etc...

As for bankruptcy... if we want to discuss the merits and reasons why our laws governng personal and corporate backruptcy still reward wreckless spending and purchasing habits.. we can hop over the the dungeon.;)

18. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension. I said it could be inferred you side with him based on the totality of your posts. Which it can. Never posted you supported his business practices but it is implied to a degree.
    What's nice and not so nice about the WERA BBS is posts can only be edited shortly after making them.

No I don't care to discuss bankruptcy and decided along time ago not to do business with Jason based on internet rants of his. He did have a much better reputation back then though.

19. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

His track day company is run with the same moral compass he has displayed here.....it's okay to occasionally screw a customer.....just have a bag full of excuses handy in case it becomes an issue.

20. STT-Rider

Your assumption is incorrect as is your conclusion that I support Jason's alleged poor behaviour mentioned in this thread to even an infinitesimal degree however opinions are just that.. opinions.