1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Department of Suspension/Jason Etter: BEWARE!

Discussion in 'General' started by tye1138, Jan 13, 2010.

1. tye1138

tye1138 Member

I've had dealings with him before and I'll be straight forward honest, the guy is a very good suspension expert. He does a lot of research and builds a great, very sturdy and well made product. Sadly, he has a personality problem which leads to everyone else to be the bad guy.

The other "issue" is the sheer fact, you really don't know much about him. No web site, no telephone number that works and a yahoo e-mail address. He has products that nobody else has as well. So does that sound like a scam to anybody else?

So I ordered his geometry kit, which looks like an awesome product, having seen it on an ebay ad. I heard about it months previous and wanted one, but didn't have the money. So I e-mailed him and in a set of conversations, which went very nicely, he took my credit card number and sold me a kit. I told him explicitly to ship them 3 day Fedex so I'd have them before the week was out, having ordering them last monday. I was told they'd ship tuesday and arrive today.

Post purchase, I e-mailed and called him to get my tracking number, no response. This lasted the entire week until finally on saturday, I sent him a slightly less pleasant e-mail stating that if I didn't hear from him or see a product by monday, I'd be canceling the deal on my end through my credit card provider.

So today I called Fedex/UPS and the postal service to have a back-track done on my address to see if any packages were headed my way and as it turns out, nothing was comin'. So here I am, its been 1 week since I ordered this item, having guaranteed delivery by last friday and no shipments have been sent towards me.

Here are a few other people waiting for product from him:

Stay away from this guy! I hope this thread stays here forever as a reminder of how bad stupid this guy is. Together, we can collectively make sure he never does business again.

Thanks for your time and attention...

2. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Super friendly, super knowledgeable, super responsive....Until he has your cash.

3. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

So let me get this correct. You knew that he was historically slow with order fulfillment, had questionable customer service, and had others who weren't happy with his service but still you gave him your $. All this and you expected him to deliver quickly, have good customer service, and make you happy. Hhhhmmmm so what makes you different than everyone else?

If you knew these things up front why buy from DOS and not a proven good supplier like DucShop or others?

Not saying what he is doing is right, but come on man are you that stupid? You knew what you were getting into. From what I hear he does deliver eventually. Even you said he just delivers slow. Give it more than a couple days before you go slandering.

Now at least we know why you didn't show up at Fontana this past weekend. Davie Stone could have used a teammate.

"The Tye Factor".

;)

4. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

cocaine is a powerful drug...

seriously, i've seen some very talented, essentially "good" people get mixed up in increasingly shady practices in between binges on some substance or another. i got all sorts of red flags from the above - thanks beeb, for the heads-up.

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Any links, ebay ads?

Not so sure if his name is enough to alert us to his products or services until maybe it's too late???

7. Transelement

Transelement pro set miner

Not one to typically kick a man while he's down, but I too have had a rather unpleasant business transaction with Jason. I exercised a great deal of patience and understanding waiting for parts from him -- months. Unfortunately he /was/ the only authorized reseller of the items I desperately wanted at the time. Months of empty promises and I eventually received the wrong parts. This was only after I emailed the parts manufacturer complaining of the extremely poor service from their only reseller in the US. As time would tell, he is no longer a exclusive reseller of these products, surprised? Not I. He offered an exchange but I simply wanted my money back, he quickly obliged. Hey, at least the check was good.

Jason had come highly recommended to me by more than 1 reliable source some time ago. I don't doubt he has a fair share of satisfied customers. This only puzzles me based on the numerous disasters you hear from people dealing with him. I can only guess that he picks and chooses who or when he wants to step up to the plate as a professional businessman. If only his technical talent translated to business talent. The russian roulette of suspension services if you will?

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That's pretty out of line.

9. Seattle Slew

Seattle Slew Guest

There's a couple of interesting threads over on the ducati.ms board under the "chit chat" section. You've gotta register to see em, but man, there's a lot of folks with no love for the whole Department of Suspension / Jason Etter deal.
    :down:

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Do you have eyewitnesses or evidence that your allegation is true? That's some pretty heavy shit that you just flung in Jason's direction.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. STT-Rider

I have known Jason for 15 years... I have had a lot of fun with him and had a few disagreements too, that's usually the way things go in any kind of relationship and that's ok.

I don't think Jason will mind me saying this...... Jason has suffered from bouts of severe depression throughout the course of my knowing him. If you have not experienced depression, especially chronic severe depression or know smeone well who has, you have no idea how devistating it can be to an individual as well as those around them. It is a medical condition and one which is treated with varying degrees of success.

Oh ya..... for SPEEDFREE Fred in NC.... Go fuck yourself....seriously. For you to say someone is on cocaine in a public forum with absolutely zero facts to base the statement on is beyond being an asshole.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  13. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

ok, disregard the drug comment.

given that you've known him for 15 years, and what you've seen of his "recent" business ventures, would you be 100% comfortable referring people to his business?

14. light 3

light 3 the bot

while he might have severe depression, i would still suggest that you (tye) cancel your payment through your credit card company until things settle with jason. if things work out later and you really want his product, contact him again to purchase, but until then i would cancel.

15. STT-Rider

There are very few businesses that I am 100% (95%+ yes.....) comfortable with. We all make mistakes. How we handle them is what makes a big difference in our success or lack of same and how we are viewed by our existing and potential customers. We all fall short from time to time, it is part of being human.

"Business goes where it is promoted but stays where it is serviced" comes to mind. It would seem that currently some of Jason's customers are experiencing a level of service that is not acceptable for them.

16. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

nice.

i was probably out of line, true. i didn't put together my complete line of thinking there, and could maybe have been more subtle about what i was trying to say. my apologies, i suppose. consider myself fucked.

interesting that you got from "that's pretty out of line" to "go fuck yourself," in the space of three posts. can i get some more rent-free space in your head?

17. Former

Former Well-Known Member

You still didn't answer the guy's question.

18. bblath

bblath Guest

yes he did.

19. Former

Former Well-Known Member

So, yes he would still refer him?

Screw that. Personal problems and business don't mix. It's kinda like that one custom suit vendor who failed to deliver custom suits to his customers for months because of personal issues. Failed to reply to their emails/PM's, etc.

If I had personal issues and it affected my business/customers especially if they had already paid for the products...you know what? I'm refunding them their money immediately with an apology for failing to deliver as promised.

I don't hate but this is one of those things that comes close to hating when people make excuses for not coming through.