1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona fatality

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, Oct 18, 2003.

1. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Well said and Godspeed.

Roger Preston

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

I am totally gutted.

Bryan was my alter-ego, since I have a Duc but can't afford to race it. It takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes, but this is one of those times. Bryan bucked the odds, racing a bike that many would avoid because of the cost involved, and he was successful at it.

And his enthusiasm...who couldn't be caught up in it?

Bryan...know that you are loved and missed. May your friends and family find comfort in the fact that you were doing what you loved most...

Rest in peace... :(

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Godspeed from another "stranger" who never met Bryan in person.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, family and friends.

:(

4. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Jeff's mom is a friend of my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law called me early Sunday - telling me that Jeff had been involved in a racing incident - down in Daytona. Her understanding is: Jeff lost a finger and thumb on his left hand and has had a couple of skin grafts.

5. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Godspeed Bryan.:( My prayers are with his family and friends.

6. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Bad news...It seems the older I get, the more I think about stuff like this. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Sad indeed...
    Very few of you really know me as I only get to the racetrack on occasion to spectate and harass Stickboy... but I feel like I know all of you... y'all are part of my family... from Tom and Dawg to Beth and HONEY and everyone in between... my brothers and sisters... without y'all I would not be who I am now(I think that's a good thing). Thank you for letting me be a part of this family in the small way that I am. I hope to meet all of you at a racetrack soon...
    I am sickened by this... Godspeed

8. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Damn, I hate to hear of this tradgedy. I sincerely hope his wife can get all the support she needs, and his family too. I too, never met Brian, but I read his article and exchanged posts on here. This is truly very sad.

9. Huey's sis

Huey's sis Well-Known Member

Re: Truly Sad

10. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

While I never met Bryan, I followed his first season, his triumphs and tribulations through his posts and articles. His wide-eyed wonder and joy of racing was infectious. He will be sadly missed.

Godspeed.

11. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

I just got back from a weekend of not having computer access and I can not believe it. I never met Bryan but I guess I gave him some helpful advise in the beginning as he was kind enough to mention me in his article about getting started in racing. I never expected to be mentioned or even thought twice about helping out. I kept that edition of RRW because it was great to see someone appreciate help he received. I will now keep that edition in memory of a wonderful person that lived his dream.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Godspeed.

13. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

GODSPEED...

14. binx51

binx51 Well-Known Member

godspeed mightyduc you will be missed :(

15. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

One of my Irish buddies came up on them immediately after it happened. It is quite sad that it happened. We offer our condolences.

Daytona has the potential of being quite dangerous but it is no less safe than most other venues. When you are on track, please be careful.

16. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your dreams with us, Brian.

17. stevegross

stevegross Legion of Zoom

I never met Bryan but I did follow his RRW and WERA comments. RIP.

-Steve Gross

18. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Deepest Sympathies to Heather and her family and Bryan's family. What a terrible year.

GODSPEED Bryan.

19. Chip

Chip Registered

Godspeed Brian.....

I feel absolutly gutted. I followed his progress after reading his artical in Road Racing World. He was an active memeber on all the motorcycle message boards and he kept everybody up to date with his progress.

This is terrible........:(

20. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

Damn:( Godspeed Bro'