1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona fatality

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, Oct 18, 2003.

1. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

Godspeed

JB

2. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Bryan and his family will be in our prayers.

3. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

Truly Sad

When my Dad died a few years ago, nothing specific that anyone said helped, but the fact that so many people tried to say something let me know how many people he touched in a possitive way during his life, and that did help. It's obvious that MightyDuc touched a lot of people in the motorcycling community, and I would venture to guess in other areas of his life as well if the number of posts here are any indication.

I too enjoyed MightyDuc's stuff here and in RRW, and though I never met him, I felt sad immidiately when I read the first post.

My deepest sympothy to his family.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

no words. :(

5. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Same here. Very sad day. :(

6. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

very sad indeed.:(

7. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Godspeed...

8. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Godspeed Bryan. I can't find the right words right now. Eventhough we never met Heather, please know that Lee and I are thinking of you and I have prayed for you to find strength. I'm so sorry that you have lost your husband so early. Thinking of you...

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know what else to say, other than I know this feeling all too well, and it's the worst.

:(

10. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Godspeed Brian...

11. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I will miss him alot i was on the track at the same time and almost got sick as i passed the wreck. Me and bryan had become pretty close over the last few months talked every other day on the phone. I have never met someone with so much passion for a sport. It was extremely hard to line up for the first race without him next to me on the grid giving me the thumbs up. i had thought about not racing that race but i know that Bryan wouldnt be happy if i didnt go out and give it my best. It sucks so bad that are sport has had a bad year and it hurts even more when it hits close to home. Heather if you need anything dont hesitate to call us. Godspeed Brother and may we race again in the future.

The other rider is ok he did have severe hand injurys i believe he has lost one finger and still has a few more surgurys to go thru.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Bryan's enthusiasm in his writing always reminded me of why I love this sport ........we never met, but thank you and godspeed.....

13. R6Rider

R6Rider Well-Known Member

RIP brother

Rigth on Bruce..right on. I couldn't fight the tears back after that

I'm deepely saddened by this.

RIP Mighty Duc

14. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Godspeed

15. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

RIP bryan
    prayers for his family and friends

16. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Damn this sucks...

I hope his wife and kids are taken care of and are dealing with this tragedy as best as they can.

Call me an ass, but ya know the first thing I thought after the hit of shock on reading?
    "Man, We told you not to buy that damned Ducati..."

Hope you get every great Duc wrech spinner who's passed on, working on your bike instead of you now.

17. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

What a drag. Got home from a weekend at Willow, checked roadracingworld.com and saw what Dave Swarts had posted. Hit me like a punch in the stomach.

Godspeed.

18. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Godspeed Bryan.

19. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Wow :( Godspeed my friend. Your family and loved ones will be in my prayers.

20. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

As most of you know I don't race. I live my passion VICARIOUSLY through those of you that are able to do it! I watch people I love go out and do something they love and it gives me an awesome feeling! Unfortunately, when things go wrong it gives me just a horrible feeling. When a friend dies or gets hurt I feel guilty because I gathered so much joy from watching THEM risk their life and now I get to keep living and they don't.

This year we have lost a lot of friends...more than normal I think...or maybe it's just we have more friends than normal.

I almost started crying when I went to Bryan's website and saw pictures of his wife. My heart breaks for her. My sincerest and deepest sympathies go out to her and his parents. I hope when they feel sad or angry at the sport, they find a picture of a sweaty, tired Bryan just after he got off the bike and look at the smile on his face and remember how HAPPY he was and they were for him!

With the GNF coming up I want to say one thing. Out of the nearly 80 posts on this thread about 75% are from people that didn't know Bryan other than his posts on this board. Please meet each other. If there is someone on here that you enjoy talking to and have never met MAKE SURE you PM them get their cell number make PLANS to meet. Don't leave it to chance...as we have seen you may not get a chance! :(