1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 is on now

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Mar 17, 2018.

1. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Good grief... After the dramarama over R6 air filters last year you'd think people would have their stuff squared away this time around. Officials and riders alike.

2. I just read a post on fb where a guy finish 13th, and was declared legal by Tech, so he packed up and headed home.

Then for some reason after he was gone, he was DQ'ed. But he can't protest the DQ because he left. He had his bike fully checked and was deemed ok by an ASRA official, and was already in Nashville by the time he heard about the DQ.

Such fucking bullshit.

How much more ridiculous bullshit are they going to put people through, and how many more people have to waste thousands and thousands of dollars, not to mention all the time and effort, only to be DQ'ed, because of this stupid fucking interpretation of the rules for R6 air filters?

They should just simplify it and make it so that any year R6 can run any filter from any other year R6. Done. Every one of their fucking events turns into filtergate. Which means rather than social media being full of people praising their event and how great it was, social media is full of people pissed off and complaining.

The worst part, is that we are talking about a fucking air filter. Not a 2mil overbore or Magnesium wheels...a fucking air filter. :rolleyes:

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Shit. One of them was Ducote. Another was the McDonald kid (although he’s sponsored by K&N so...).

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Same here. Mine was 2011.

5. I wasn't even in the race, and that shit pisses me off.

Racing is just like ball sports in the sense that the best officials are the ones you are never aware of. Let the racers race and determine the outcome on the track.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

These ASRA guys are fucking bullshit.

Guess last years drama wasn't enough?

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Disqualified Airbox Infractions -#30, #113, #137, #303, #368, 20

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only way I could see this not being complete bullshit would be if they passed pre-race inspection, swapped filters, then failed post-race. I can’t see anyone being that stupid.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Is he sponsored by them, or does his family own the company? Someone on Facebook said it was the latter..
    Google says a McDonald was the co founder.

11. Woodsrider

Woodsrider Well-Known Member

Didn't ASRA make a rule change after the BS and the appeal that Cory and TSE won last year? And didn't all the BS that happened last year make huge news that in theory everyone read on the Beep or RRW?
    So I may be going out on a limb here BUT isn't it the racer's responsibility to check the rules and make sure they comply before they go to the racetrack?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The story has been published before, in RRW I believe. He was a co-founder but sold his share to his partner early on.

13. And what happens when you do that and think you are good, but just to make sure you have the bike checked by an ASRA official, and he also tells you that you are good....

....then after you are several hundred miles away, you find out you are DQ'ed?

It is almost as if ASRA/CCS wants all of the attention and headlines. This silly air filter shit has caused so much drama over the past several years, but yet it keeps happening over and over. If anything, it seems as if the rule has gotten more complicated.

Maybe they buy into the "no such thing as bad publicity" idea and want all the headlines and attention.

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You can be prepared and show tech your air filter and have them check it against your VIN when you roll through, or you can be unprepared and get a DQ. It's a choice, not a controversy. You can also have them check your fuel, or anything else you are unsure of. Quite simple actually.

15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I used to pit for him in the 70's we used Dyno his bikes at my HS motorcycle mechanics class lab. Blew the dyno up with one of his motors

panthercity likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Do they mark the air filter. Sorry, having trouble adding 2+2 here.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Or is it as simple as certain years are allowed certain filters?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah after all the publicity I've got no sympathy for the riders even if I don't necessarily agree with the rule. They enforce it consistently and that's what matters.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Are guys getting DQ after leaving the track post tech? That would be the problem for me. If not, move along nothing to see here.

20. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

I’d take that over being DQ’d 2 weeks after being told I’m legal, and a month after the event :D

blake holt likes this.