1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave Moss explains tire wear patterns

Discussion in 'General' started by nyburner, Oct 18, 2016.

1. nyburner

nyburner Member

I know there's a few of you with anti-DM sentiments here, but I found the info below useful or interesting at the very least. It all seems to be backed by logical reasoning and suspension/tire knowledge, so for those with opinions I for one would like to know why you believe so strongly that his insights are not sound:

https://www.bikeminds.com/thethrottlestop/motorcycle-tire-wear-patterns-explained

turbulence likes this.
  2. caferace

caferace No.

Huh. What's not to like about Dave? He's a straight up no-bullshit guy, also has a good sense of humour, corners really f'in low and likes beer.

Granted, he talks with an accent, but that's part of his charm. :D

Known him for years. He's a cool cat.

-jim

nyburner and ekraft84 like this.
  3. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^Same here^^^

He's helped me sort out issues I had at Buttonwillow over the years and I did learn a lot from him...

He's a great guy!!!

nyburner likes this.
  4. nyburner

nyburner Member

5. caferace

caferace No.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Great read.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I met him one weekend out at Beaver for a track day event and he was very helpful to all of the riders and coaching staff. I didn't see him ride so I don't know if he corner's low.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont know the hate applies to him, in any way, as much as his devout "followers"...lol. I met him at a trackday out west & he was nice enough to chat up an anonymous internet stranger. :D Of course out West things are done abit differently... like immediately parking your bike on the track with a red flag situation.

9. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

That is purely a NorCal thing. SoCal doesn't do it and I don't recall OR, WA, etc. doing it either.

Everyone finds it damn strange but it really does make a difference for the slower groups. I would hate to be wrecked in a corner waiting for a beginner on a 250 to pit (and miss the flag) before I get an ambulance.

As for Dave, great guy that will give you the shirt off his back. Anyone's followers are scary, just look at the MotoGP fans...

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Skimmed the article and no surprise I pretty much disagree with majority of his assessments.

It's all god though. Lots of people need that feel good feeling so they can share their wear patterns on TDJ:)

TrackStar, backbone, sowega and 2 others like this.
  11. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. You'd be very hard pressed to find a nicer, more helpful guy at the track. GREAT guy.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

13. nyburner

nyburner Member

Nope, I'm not the owner but I don't hide the fact that I'm on the team: www.bikeminds.com/riders/Joonil
    Thanks for calling me clever, but is it spamming if I'm sharing what I feel is useful/interesting information that's relevant to this site? That's why our site exists, to share knowledge from the industry and educate fellow riders...I can stop sharing if members/admin want but please don't ban me because I just picked up a CBR for next season

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats not up to me to decide, but since you haven't participated in literally ANY OTHER DISCUSSIONS here other than the ones you've started it seems obvious.

SpeedyE and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's AFM craziness, which I think they may have changed?

16. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

+1 for Dave. Good dude.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And away we go!

TLR67 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  18. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

AFM changed, the track day providers haven't.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

He's posted this on other places too. Multiple times

SpeedyE likes this.