1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CROSSFIT

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

If MC racers number in the crossfitters range it would be us by a country mile.

2. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Heck I'll be in turn 3 also with my new to me sv! Lol

r6boater likes this.
  3. clutchnup

clutchnup Well-Known Member

Benny solis, i would call him a elite athlete

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I was going to point out the irony of a motorcycle racer suggesting someone avoid an activity because it can cause injuries...

Knotcher likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Get your diet in order. Stay away from Popeyes fat boy...

WANABE RACER likes this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I would say it is okay. And will get you in better shape.

But i wouldn't do lifts for time, as fast as you can, that will result in injury.

Also, just do regular pull ups, you wont get near the amount as other people but you will also not end up in a meme.

If you can motivate yourself you can do a lot of thr croasfit things on your own. Rope jumping, squats, deadlift, oly lifts, assault bikes.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This weekend on live stream on FB he was saying he does mostly endurance crossfit exercises, stays away from weights.

clutchnup likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    This is cross fit done smart. I'm in a sort of cross fit gym and some of the "high scores" people get is pretty interesting. Don't worry about other people's numbers because most likely they are counting wrong and not doing the full range of motion.

Trying to do too much weight is one thing when you are just doing one rep but when you add speed and tempo is when people get hurt.

just be smart and push yourself but if there is doubt then back off. you can always work out the next day.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i'll go train at your MOM'S BOX!

how much apple cider vinegar do you guys consume weekly?

you know what else makes every day leg day? mountain biking.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is ACV a crossfit thing? That's funny because I actually do that. Tbsp a day by the way. :D

You shouldn't ride mountain bikes. Don't you know you can get injured?

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

hahaha offfff course you do.

no but seriously i dunno honestly, i just have this one friend on FB that's a kept wife and has no actual reason to wake up in the morning of merit, so she gets to spend all her day going to crossfit and posting about it, and then posting all types of fake homeopathic articles by quacks that say shit like, "use coconut oil and cure your cancer and live to age 160." i've seen ACV come up a few times because of her. Did it get rid of all your allergies and cure you from diabetes and regulate your heart health and give you ever lasting boners and fix all your joints, eyesight, muscle aches, and sleep?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

The amount of wives selling oils and shit over Facebook is hilarious

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

All of the flight attendants drink that shit.

Then they get step counters and say "I don't understand how I'm not losing weight! I'm on my feet all day!"

You know what else is on their feet all day? Cows.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not sure if if does anything, but it's supposed to be antiglycemic and some other crap. Kinda like my fish oil and multivitamin, I figure it can't hurt.

Every hobby has people who won't shut the f#ck up about it. The thing that makes crossfit nuts so annoying is that they think everyone should be doing it. I understand how empowering it can be to get fit and have a strong and healthy body, but for some reason a lot of crossfitters take it too far.

Deciding you're superior to everyone who's life doesn't revolve around training is a good way to run out of friends.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

By the way, crossfit has actually helped my mountain biking speed quite a bit.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'm betting more Mtn biking would have worked better. :)

badmoon692008 and TurboBlew like this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's sloppy form that's using momentum rather than the muscle to get the resistance from the start to the finish position in the rep/exercise.

Like the meme of the guy doing "pull ups"...he's just swinging from the bar..that's NOT a pull up. Just a matter of time before he tears a bicep or an upper back muscle
    if he keeps that up.

I've been weight training over 30 years, I have plenty of aches and pains from that 30 years, too. But it was THIRTY years. These cross fit bozo's are destroying their joints with
    all this sloppy pounding they're submitting their bodies to.

It's just a fad, like all the others, that's popped up because what really works is monotonous. People get bored with the same exercise routines. They look for the next thing to
    re-energize their enthusiasm for fitness. This too, shall pass in time. Dust off the old Jane Fonda VHS tapes your parents have in the attic that are right next to Richard Simmon's
    "Sweatin' to the Oldies" tapes he used to peddle that are all sitting on the Bow-Flex your Mom used to hang clothes on to dry.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What's a box?

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

An apparatus used to store stuff. Usually 6 sided with 90 angles everywhere.

JBraun likes this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I don't get what that has to do with crossfit