1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CROSSFIT

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

i use this app "MyFitnessPal" it helps track calories, you can scan in foods etc... plus when you exercise you can upload the calories you burn. Using this app and doing some strength training and riding my bicycle trainer i have lost just about 6 pds in about 6 weeks. I use a stationary trainer and rowing machine, low impact along with weights.

TurboBlew and WANABE RACER like this.
  2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I missed it over the last six pages, but what is the OP doing for exercise currently?

I stopped weekday drinking and started interval training, and lost 12 lbs quickly.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Some of that may be lost muscle, as the cycling takes away from time previously spent lifting.

4. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Damn bro. At this point I think it makes sense to focus on your diet and getting off the booze. CrossFit might be an option, but since you haven't been active in five years, you'll need to be very careful.

I think it might be better for you to get into spinning or yoga or something else low impact. Shit, at this point you could just walk a few miles a day at a good pace and you'd start feeling better.

Kolbe and shakazulu12 like this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Agreed with JBraun. Spin, yoga, rowing or something and fix your diet.

7. WANABE RACER

iv been real easy at cross fit so far. not a lot of weights and lot of focus on form. Diet is a big problem so thought about dropping all food and sticking with bourbon lol.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Crossfit will just make you puke and/or pass out at your fitness level, or lack thereof.

You need to work up to that much sustained and explosive effort.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  9. WANABE RACER

Like I said so far so good doin it. It's a lot of fun but dam it's hard. Lol. Iv stayed sore the whole time though. Iv have watched what I ate lot better and cut down some of the drinking.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Most accurate post ever about anything lol

WANABE RACER likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have, and he was fast as shit! Had to be pushing 400 lbs. It was towards the end of a 2 hour sloppy mud fest too.

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ok... one freakin fat person rides a dirtbike!

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its not really that hard to make some changes... especially if you're trapped at work. Make a pound or 2 of chicken or tuna salad. Hard boil some eggs. Buy some inexpensive containers to portion the food out. If you do eat on the run... Jimmy Johns has "unwiches" (breadless)which can be had for $5. Whattaburger sells a salad with a grilled chicken breast for the same $5. Or if youre stuck with only mcDs... just get a chicken sand or 2 and ditch the buns.
    For breakfast you can have something like oatmeal or a bunch of eggs.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have seen MANY fatties on the trail, usually just as they disappear down the trail in front of me. Then I'll see them again at the next junction as they patiently wait for me. I'm usually not that far behind them, but far enough that I know they are both fat and fast. I'm not slow, not fast (usually described as "half-fast").

Lots of big folks up here in the PacNW on dirty bikes who know how to ride at a very fast clip.

Example: At a 500 minute team relay race last year (and the year before), the fastest lap was set by a member of "Team Double Stuft." And two years ago they were third overall after 500 minutes running two riders against teams of four or more. I think that the fat one was 265lbs, and he was 1 minute slower per 12 mile lap than the other rider on his team (fastest lap, not real skinny). That's not one minute per mile, that's one minute per lap, so 5 seconds per mile slower.

16. Ducti89

Well i guess up there they need insulation for the weather and traction control for all of the mud.

17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I was wondering, what do you guys consider "fat" on a dirt bike? 195? 225? 265? I guess I haven't seen any 400# riders, but I've seen plenty of 250+ around here.

And we don't need too much insulation. The fast guys don't get cold, and the slow guys get too hot from picking up mud covered bikes all day.

18. Ducti89

Im defining it as roley poley with a gut hanging over pants kinda fat. Love handles unfurled, that sorta thing.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I've seen my share of really fat dudes riding off road. Respect. Can't imagine how hard that must be.

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I'm going to a couple of poker runs in the next four weeks. I'll try to get some representative pics for you. Not of me (I'm not chubby anymore), but of the locals. There are some who fit your image, and a lot of them haul some serious ass.