1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative punishments

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I don't even remember what I did; but in 9th grade my step-dad took away my Nike's and made me wear velcro strap shoes to school for a week. RUTHLESS

I had my buddy bring an old pair of Nike's and kept them in my lock at school, haha.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Oh god, my mother used to peel the soap on my teeth. I will never use Dove soap. Ever.

My dad made his own paddle. We used to be able to scatter out the doors and windows to wait it out when we heard the belt through the loops. The paddle was sneaky.

We don't hit our kids like that. Oh God am I fucked up from that - watching everyone get lined up and having to wait for your turn. Brutal.

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

My family was pretty easy going with language, but I was at a buddies house in high school and let an f'bomb out. His mom (very strict catholic type) asked if I wanted some Dawn in my mouth, I replied with a line inquiring if she was attractive.

I wasn't welcome over there for a while. 20 years later, I still go to his families Thanksgiving dinner.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just randomly smack 'em once in a while, then tell 'em to go do something bad. :D

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Omg we used to get whacked every now and then when of my other brothers were getting whacks. My dad would say “I’m sure you’ve done something wrong and you just haven’t been caught yet” and give the rest of us a few whacks too!

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'm not a head doctor, but I think boys are pre-programmed for it. I never thought Pops hated us or didn't love us.. Ever. And every one I got, I deserved. I would never use a switch or a belt on my daughters, ever. I have given them a swat on the butt a few times in 10 & 7 years, but that's about it. Most days, I only have to look at them cross and they get the hint. My wife and I are strict, even by old standards.

7. Hyperdyne

Yep... :D I thought I was sly once and pulled one that was nearly brown and broke after the first whack. I learned quickly that a lilac bush ain't got nuthin' on a wheeping willow.

8. CausticYarn

I think they loved us in their own weird way. They made sure we all grew up and knew how to function in society - aside from the youngest - we all can hold jobs and keep a roof over our heads. Most of us are awkward as fuck and have trouble with social interaction on a personal level though. Personally - it's going unacknowledged that fucks me up. My sis - if her boyfriends don't follow her lead, they are tossed the eff out. 4 girls and 2 boys is a lot to handle though.

Dern has been known for the pushup challenge as a corrective action when the older one steps out of line.

9. Hyperdyne

Funny.. I use the pushup challenge on mine.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Had to brush my teeth with Dawn once...never got the bar though.

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I was mouthing off to my mom while I washing the dishes once and she went for the liquid soap and gave me a mouthful. It was a weird blur as she poured a bunch into her hand and made a half slap, half swipe into my mouth. Bar soap would have been a welcome alternative. :Puke:

12. fastfreddie

I'm sorry, were you sayin' somethin'?
    :D

13. CausticYarn

No, no. The pro's would just swipe to delete the text and never respond to it. That's a guaranteed way to whip me up and trigger a meltdown. ;)

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

My dad stopped the car and made us get out and he drove away. 4 boys aged 4-10. The oldest three, including me had to get out. I was 5. I cried. He came back. We were well behaved the rest of the day.

15. fastfreddie

How would you know you were being dissed?

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Bravo, sir. :crackup::bow:

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Agreed. In all, I really got off light.

I have 3 girls. The first two were like that. You could just look at them and they could be corrected. They were even well behaved in restaurants...other patrons would compliment me on it!

The third was way different. She would not respond to anything really. Spankings seemed to make her more defiant. Finally, I told my wife that there would be no more spankings of that kid. She gave me plenty of push back on that. I thought it wrong because it didn't work.

Finally I found a way into her head. I always gave the nightly baths, and while kidding around with the old cold water spout trick, I found that the kid thought that cold water was the devil. When she needed correction during the day, I would remind her that a cup of cold water tonight might be what she needed. A few times, showing her that I was going to remember, proved to make big changes in the way that the kid began to listen to what we wanted her to do. It was probably one of the best things that I ever did for her development.... She's made some mistakes, but she's an awesome gal. Now at 15, I think that her mom would still be whacking her.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mom did that to my younger sister once. I don't remember what set my sister off, but she decided she needed to run away from home. Mom put us all in the car and drove around looking for a spot for my sister to be dropped off. About 5 minutes in she startwed sobbing uncontrollable. She never threatened to run away again. She did it once, but never threatened.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah I think you won there and here.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My old man never laid a finger on me. My mother, on the other hand, used to break wooden spoons across my ass with regularity. Pops would jut sit there with his arms folded and watch. The funniest part of it to me now is that they were planned. We would have a 'family meeting' on Sundays, which usually went something like this: My little sister was praised for being polite and smart and helpful. Done. Then, I would basically be hit with a list of grievances for all the fucked up shit I did that week and the appropriate amount of wooden spoon ass whacks would be decided. :crackup:

I gotta say, it never really bothered me that much and today I find it hilarious. The best part is, my now 68 year old mother flat out denies it ever happened! Sweet little grandmotherly voice "oh I never did that to you kids, you're trying to be funny". Well, ya never did it to Sara, that much is true. Shit cracks me up.

jrsamples likes this.