1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative punishments

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Sep 23, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

LOL. My brother was like that. He would take a spanking and it wouldn't phase him. But...if they spoke with him and told him how disappointed they were in him it would reduce him to tears. No one method works for all kids.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

My mom insisted on helping my sister pack. All the while my sister is thinking that maybe this is a bridge too far. Once packed mom told her to hit the road and insisted that she leave.

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

My mom does that too lol.

"Ohhhhh I never did that!"

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Anchor chain links. One in each hand held with arms straight out to the sides. Each link was about 5 pounds. This was for a kid at a summer camp. He kept mouthing off about everything.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did anyone else's parents buy those stupid bolo paddles (wood paddle with a ball attached to the elastic string - think Blazing Saddles) as a treat? They lasted less than 15 minutes until the elastic broke, but mom had a new supply of paddles.

Sabre699, ToofPic and gpz11 like this.
  6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Because I am irrational and think that anyone who doesn't respond to a question is intentionally ignoring me.
    Didn't say I was right. :D

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So, Hyperdyne and I are the only ones that currently care, as far as you think?
    Dayumn. I'm not so sure about the level of care you think you're getting but, I guess it's like my asshole cat...a kick across the room and he's like "Daddy loves me!" :D
    (I don't kick my cat.)

8. CausticYarn

This setting doesn't trigger my insecurity. It's personal interactions - I have a friend that will just ignore all of my correspondence until they feel good and ready - then they don't even respond on topic...and it drives me fucking bonkers. When I could just step away from the friendship and be fine. I have been notorious for being a doormat - I am working on that shit though.

ETA: the most creative punishment of all - ignore your children enough that they don't get enough validation and seek it from others.

Don't tell your kids they are fucked up for having emotions...They will turn in to me.

9. fastfreddie

Ow...
    So, you're texting Dern all day to tell him 'bout the young-uns and, at the end of the day, he texts back "What's for dinner?" :crackup:

10. CausticYarn

Yep. That kind of shit.
    Completely deflating.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My father had a ping-pong paddle named The Equalizer. He never played ping-pong. More of a scare tactic, though. I don't think I was spanked with it more than a couple times. The "disappointed" talk was always much more effective on me anyway. (now my mother, she loooooved the belt. I also had to dodge the occasional flying shoe while running away from the belt if I found the door)

12. fastfreddie

What, she had to beat you to make you wear your shoes? :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That was Talbot's kids

fastfreddie likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

I think it's possible to lower your expectations without lowering yourself.

15. fastfreddie

She threw shoes at Talbot's kids...
    Say that fast, three times. :D

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Hahaha, I forgot about the wooden spoon. My ex-wife was the wooden spoon ninja around our hose. The kids wouldn’t even see it coming. Then one day my youngest son (then about 3 or 4 years old) saw the dog chasing a stick around. He put two and two together and fed all the wooden spoons in the house to the dog. After that spoons just became a joke. But one day we took him to a friends house and they had one of those giant decorative wooden spoons on the wall. I looked at him and said “they don’t mess around here, if you misbehave you will get that one”. His eyes just about shot out of his head. But he was an absolute angel the whole night.

OldGuyOnBlu likes this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

She'd resupply every year at Easter. As soon as the ball went flying off mom put it on top of the fridge. I'm still on the lookout for the asshole who decided those should come in a thick plastic version as well.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I thought women just wanted to be listened to, with no advice or anything.
    Although Dern could at least text an "uh-huh" once in a while.

19. CausticYarn

Eh. I just have started to not have expectations of people :)

Yes - Never give advice unless expressly asked for it.

Conversation with said friend: Hey, we haven't had a girls' night in a while, want to get together this Friday?
    Five days later: How heavy are cannonballs? Could I lift one myself?

?????

20. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

I tortured my step son to high heaven on multiple occasions. Here's one. He always had the habit of coming home and kicking off his boots and stinking ass socks right in the living room by the couch or where he darn pleased. After I don't know how many times of me telling him "dude, put the boots and socks in the bedroom" I had to turn to other tactics after tripping over the boots for the umpteenth time. After final warning the socks were in the pillow case. That worked for about a week and then right back. Ok fair enough. Next time I tied about 15 double knots and tossed them in the bedroom. He said he worked on those knots every night for like a month to try and prove a point. He never got it undone and to this day we laugh about it. Life lessons.. Or one more. The step daughter was hanging out late with a bunch of nit wits. I was like "ok no worried but keep it down I got to get up at the crack of dawn". 30 min later acting a fool. I go out once more "come on know get it together". Last time I walkz out on my tight whitey underwear pull out the power cord for the tv and cut it with a huge knife "party is now over". Never had a ruckus again.. LOL Good times. Sometimes tough love is the way to go. Doesn't work on all but coming up with crap to get the point across is a hoot@!