1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist - Cash only!

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jun 19, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

see... you found it odd a young kid has that much cash.:D Not that all kids with cash are nefarious but its out of the ordinary.
    Of the 15 guys I have on staff... I probably couldn't obtain $100 in cash between them all unless they had just gotten per diem! :D
    My 66 yr old boss carries >$500 in cash every day. :D He hates using credit cards.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm the opposite. I hate using cash and carrying around all the loose change. I use credit cards when I go buy a $1 coke at McDonalds and it comes to $1.09.

sharkattack and SpeedyTide like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I take cash to piss away in slots in Vegas, tips when I'm travelling, and to the bar and that's about it really. My allowance does build up in my wallet but then gets blown on restaurants to/from/at the track. If I get enough singles they get stashed at the house so I have them for tips then next time I fly. If I somehow wind up with large bills they go in the safe for Vegas the next time I go. Any real money goes in the bank and the boss spends it on bills or as she see fit.

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Are you kidding? Its craigslist. I wouldn't take anything but cash or another item in trade EVER from craigslist people.

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

No, I'm not kidding. There are some good, honest peeps out there, and I'm one of them. I was willing to stay overnight, and go to to his bank with him with the Certified Check. My bank has told me to have his bank call them to verify funds in that situation. I'm going above & beyond for the safest transaction for both of us IMO, again especially when I'd be driving 12 hrs round trip. The cash only isn't a deal breaker, I'd just prefer not carrying a high amount of cash, especially while traveling.

And, for the record.....this might by my 2nd ever C'list transaction, so I'm learning. ;)

6. SpeedyTide

Not sure I wanna get chastised up in here! :D

7. SpeedyTide

Do appreciate everyone's input. :cool:

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Vespa?

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I can tell this dude has never seen a gatekeeper :D

10. SpeedyTide

o_O Much cooler than that!

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That covers a lot of territory. :D

SpeedyTide likes this.
  12. SpeedyTide

True dat!!

13. SpeedyTide

It's a bad azz Yamaha. :D

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

my favorite line at cash teller when taking large money, "i'm sorry are you my personal, financial adviser or a standard issue(run of the mill, insert subtle insult here) bank teller?"

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I get that. And if this was a wera classified transaction it would be a different story. Craigslist is literally full of the people who call and email you about all their money being stuck in a bank in Africa and they'll split it with you for some help, or they are the IRS and you owe them money types of people. Total scum. You have to wade threw a bunch to find the one good buyer usually.

16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I'm the guy with the JGP track record........................in crashes, at least according to Borge

17. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

:bow:Best idea yet:bow:

18. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Yup bring cash and a concealed carry to any craigslist deal. Concealed carry on both sides of the deal.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Cool.

Insult the teller just doing what they’re told while at least showing up to make $9 an hour.

:rolleyes:

badmoon692008 and the relic room like this.
  20. I also don't like or agree with all the bullshit that goes along with cash transactions. I couldn't believe the BS one time just trying to get $5k in cash out of my bank.

I pulled up to the window, gave him my ID, and told him I wanted to take out $5k...and large bills will do. He looked at me as I was expecting him to take it out of his account and give it to me.

He told me to go around and park, and said I had to come inside. I went in and handed him my ID, and I also handed him an old deposit slip that had my primary account number on it...and told him I wanted it taken out of that particular account. He then verified my ID again (as if my ID changed in the few mins it took me to park and walk inside), then called over one of the managers and she had to verify my ID also. Then they had to call someone else to come punch in some password or some shit on the computer, and open up the mini-safe below the register. It took like 20min or some shit.

And while doing all of this, I had to hear some bullshit sob story about how "we don't like giving out this much cash". I don't give a fuck what you like. Just give me my money.

Even worse were the looks I got the whole time, even as I was walking out. They acted as if I was a criminal for getting some of my own fucking money.

Don't give me that "it isn't your money, they just let you use it" shit. Everyone knows what is meant when people say "my money". It means I worked for it, I earned it, and I just so happen to let that particular bank hold it while im not using it. Sometimes it seems as if the banks need to be reminded of that fact. It isn't their money. I just so happened to choose them for my Direct Deposits. It wont bother me to take every dime out and take it somewhere else.