1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist - Cash only!

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Your anger is better directed at the corporate offices of your bank, not at the people working at the branch. You really think they're making it personal?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This, in general. Beating up on the front line rarely has any positive effect. It just makes everyone miserable. Be polite to the cashier, and if you have a problem, take it to the manager or higher. Hell, anymore, going home and posting something on social media is as effective as anything. Get even a hint of virility and they'll be on bended knee to make it right.

3. Their dirty looks and remarks weren't necessary. I know this because I get cash out of my own branch all the time. This was a different branch, about 10 miles away. Even if my bank has the same set of rules, they don't act like dickheads while doing it. They don't act as if I am asking them to give me something that isn't mine.

There are many different ways to follow protocols, without making someone feel like a criminal.

Potts N Pans likes this.
  4. The Manager was the one that made the comment about how she "doesn't like giving out that much cash", while looking up at me giving me this shit look, as if I was going to run out of there and buy a big bag of coke. Hell, even if I was, what I do with my money after I leave the bank is none of her business.

They had already asked the head Teller to come enter the code and open the mini safe under the register. So they had already verified everything and was getting my money. It was done. She just felt the need to throw her .02 in there before she walked away.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't see your post, I was more replying to the reply, and the general assumption that people are usually dicks to some low level employee who's just doing what they're told and hates whatever stupid policy is causing the problem just as much as the angry customer.

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

"Well, I don't like looking at your face, but here we are.....so unless you have any more helpful insights into things you like, how about we hurry this along?"

I bypass that whole issue by taking a few K at a time.

My PayPal was compromised and it showed me just how inept banks and PayPal really are.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could simply be they're now low on cash. No different than a gas station being a little mad they're out of bottled water and have to tell people there isn't any until the next shipment comes in.

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Something similar happened to me yesterday. i had two Merrill accounts that i wanted to close out and liquidate. 1 went fine, the other for some reason had a daily limit on it? i had already converted the various holdings to cash a few days before in preparation so it was technically all just cash in each account at that point, there was nothing to clear. first, they couldn't set up my bank account electronically, so i had to wait for them to do a bank deposit the old fashioned way and verify. that took a day. then i could only get half of one of these accounts out yesterday, so another day wasted where now i put thru the second half today and it won't clear until tomorrow. THEN, this dude on line was asking me why i wanted to liquidate the account? i know they're just doing their job and either they need a reason for the IRS or for their own informatics, i didn't get rude, but i was just like "uhh... cause i want my money? put down because i want my money."

Merrill Lynch must be holding over a hundred billion dollars, its gotta be something nuts, and we're not talking about a large amount on my end, i was like what the fuck man? so i ask him, what if i had millions of dollars in my investment account and wanted to go buy a house or a ferrari, you're gonna say no to me? and he was like, "well... we can do wire transfers for a fee for you, but we just can't make that kind of money available." which still i don't get, because they're not distributing paper money, it is simply an electronic transfer to a verified bank. if i was legitimately rich, i'd never deal with any of these retail brokerages, ever. total horseshit.

i was preparing myself to go on a twitter storm about how Merrill won't give people their money and try and incite a bankrun panic haha, but 1 day of inconvenience wasn't bad enough for that i guess. i don't wanna sleep with cash under my mattress, but i was NOT expecting that at all for craigslist used motorcycle levels of money.

9. Nothing is impossible. But was a huge, 4 story bank. If $5k puts them in a bind, they need to evaluate their holdings.

Regardless, that doesn't justify the dirty looks and smartass comments.

If handing out that much cash is a problem, then simply say "I am sorry, but we are running low on cash. Would a lesser amount work, or would you rather try a different branch?" or something along those lines. Or if it is against policy, then simply say "That is against our policy". So be it.

But don't give me a smartass remark and dirty look as you are giving me the cash. The transaction has been verified, and the cash is being distributed. What you "like" is irrelevant. Her comment had no bearing on what was taking place; she just felt the need to toss that in there as she was walking off.

lazlo, TurboBlew and Sweatypants like this.
  10. Is there anything illegal about having/keeping cash? Like if somebody didn't want to deal with banks at all, and just cashed their paychecks and kept all the money in a safe at home.

11. "put down because I want my money" :crackup:

I lol'ed. :D

12. Sweatypants

Ask Blart in the dungeon how he feels about parting you with that hard earned cash without due process or cause. Just don't travel anywhere with it or tell anyone you're stashing it...

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nope.

14. I don't know why, but banks holding money as if they own it really pisses me off. I hate it when they act like it is their money and they are doing you a favor if they give you some of it.

The wife has some money in an HSBC in Dubai, and it has been sitting there for years now. I think it is around $40k or some shit. They won't transfer it. They want her to come to the local branch in Dubai and show ID, then they will approve it. We can't even get it transferred to an HSBC in the US. They wont even give a good reason as to why they wont transfer it, they are just simply refusing to do so.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nothing illegal, but if you're found with it they'll take it. Pretty fucked up isn't it? :mad:

Gorilla George and brex like this.
  16. Really? Whycome? On what grounds?

I mean, I can understand if they find it in a big duffle bag along with bags of weed or some shit. But how can they take your money for no reason?

17. Sweatypants

conservative law makers haha. that's as far politically as i'll joke, but no... look up Civil Asset Forfeiture. then look up some of the stories about people getting their money taken from them driving along an interstate to go buy a car or pay for college tuition, because "its a known highway used by drug traffickers en route to: X." and how they'll take it, not charge you with a crime, and then you have to try and prove how you got that money in order to get it back. horror stories of dudes waiting a year, having to get lawyers, etc... land of the free though. :D:rolleyes:

Scotty87 likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Because they want to. You don't have to be committing a crime, can be a law abiding citizen minding your own business and they can just rob you of it at gunpoint simply because they want to. And make it a GIANT pain in your ass to prove the money is yours and get it back.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wrong forum y'all.... It's already covered in the Dungeon anyway.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Next time bring a Tampax with you and tell her that her attitude is leaking all over the customer base and it needs to be plugged.