1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

His grades are OK, still adjusting to the high school format with a lot of teachers (he was in a smaller school for junior high and had one, really good teacher for most subjects) but generally not bad, communication from the school is great, we have access online to his assignments and grades and the teachers are very accessible with virtual "office hours" every afternoon and they are trying very hard to help any way they can. We are having to be pretty involved to keep him focused but we are mostly working from home too so that is not bad.

2. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

That is exactly the sort of thing I was worried about and this is GREAT information, thank you very much. That supports our inclination to keep him virtual, seems like it would be nearly impossible to make friends in that sort of environment. And as he told me, personal one-on-one attention is pretty available online with virtual office hours, but for in-person class you are talking about masks and dividers and distancing and time limitations, he thought it would be LESS personal and your experience seems to agree with that. Thanks so much for the info.

Jed likes this.
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My daughter is a senior and pretty much loves the virtual school aspect. She's a straight A AP student though, so I guess the less motivated have issues with it. However, her best friend is doing the hybrid thing. Her experience is the same as jed's. In one class she's the only student there. Though the teachers are at school. She says she doesn't get to see or socialize with any of her friends. It sucks.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bottom line is kids are different. Only you can make the call for yours including determining if Mom and dad can keep him focused.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your post with the sarcasm sure does.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bit of a stretch, man. :D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yup. Still dead.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So he was saying it is like the flu?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All right, it's going to be around those days. Never mind.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm at the track, must be missing something. Please translate what he meant if you know.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

MikeR, tony 340 and BHP41 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Feel for the deputies being put in that position but good on the property owner.

Pride & Joy, tony 340 and Ducti89 like this.
  14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Nah. Don’t feel bad at all for them. That prick talking a fucking mask. This is what it’s going to come to with these wanna be dictators and the cops can’t hide behind the “I’m only doing my job” or “I’m only following orders”. People are tired of this shit and those cops should man the fuck up and stand with those they took an oath to serve.

tony 340, Ducti89 and Photo like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes the deputies can "hide" behind doing their job. They're in a fucked up spot, now if they'd gone full retard instead of leaving I'd find fault with them. In this case the fault is totally with their bosses.

16. Ducti89

Those guys are probably there because they have to be and I hope thats the only reason.

When this crap first started, I told my Lt. I would not be enforcing mask wearing or business closures. I risked insubordination charges but to me, the Constitution is insurmountable and peoples livelihoods pay mine so who am I to tell them to stop caring for their family?

After two weeks, my Lt. got on board and saw the scam and advised the squad we would not be enforcing any of that nonsense.

tropicoz, MikeR, Shocker and 4 others like this.
  17. Brad Hopper

Brad Hopper Member

Upon 1st request to leave the police should have enforced the law... Which would have been to uphold the request of the Property Owner...This to me is where the consensual discussion starts... You are not wanted here you are not welcome here this is private property I'm asking you to you...If you refuse I would like the person Trespassed and it is their job to do such... Problem is there is different set of rules and the excuse "I'm only doing my job" does not and should not over rule you following or applying the law. The "law" allows for checks and balances up the chain.

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I thank you and your community should be proud to have you and those that not think, but act the way you have. It’s a hard decision to risk personal hardship and potentially giving up the luxuries one has for the sake of doing what one knows to be right.

There are three types of people in this fight. Those that are the front lines, those that support those on front line and those that want what the others fight for but do nothing. Thanks again.

MikeR likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If I ask you to leave my restaurant it's time to fucking go.

You can mail me some violations and whatnot, but if you do not have a warrant GTFO.

Seeing more open carry in Michigan lately, and I like it. Only a matter of time until we hear about a shootout....you can only poke the bear so many times until he bites back.

I'm not a fan of government handouts.....but these poor restaurants need some help. That's a hard business to run when things are normal....now.....good luck. My hat is off to them.

Whitler should at least make them tax and energy exempt for the next year to help them.

BigBird and Ducti89 like this.
  20. Ducti89

Thanks. Ive argued and yelled at my guys who do believe this BS is that youre an American before you put that uniform on.

But between this non sense and the defund non sense, I had the opportunity to retire early. So I took the early out. Policing isnt policing anymore and Im not going to be a target or a brown shirt.

RRP, cav115, BigBird and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.