1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Exactly. And if I did want to wear a mask to prevent me from getting it ... why, if we're doing so well and rounding the corner, and everyone has all the ppe they need, can't I go down to the corner store and get a true NIOSH-approved N95 masks, hmm?

BC, glad you made it out of the ICU, wish you a speed recovery ... but just remember, <sarcasm on> that was all just a figment of your imagination and nothing worse than the seasonal flu <sarcasm off>.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

In Michigan we are supposed to sign in at restaurant with our name and phone number.

Now they closed again for 3 weeks....nobody inside except carryout.

BC- Heal up bud. Get some sleep.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering how many people are hospitalized and in ICUs and die from seasonal flu I have to ask - why do you downplay how serious influenza is? Do you not care about the people who die every year from it? Are they not worth your time to care about their welfare? Are they somehow lesser people than those who get this virus?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, glad to read that you beat it. That must not have been a good time.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Jenny
    867-5309

What is the big deal?

Phl218, Sabre699, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

All you good little boys and girls make sure you follow the rules. You don’t want Uncle C and Brunette Hillary to have to smack your knuckles.

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That phone number is now as defunct as BR-549.

8. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Maybe you have me confused with someone else, but since you are asking me personally, I don't.

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Penna.is requiring you to wear a mask in your own house if hosting people that do not live in your household.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And what are the little people saying about that ? I'm in NY and everybody I've talked to is giving Cuomo a big FU about his 10 people limit.

bleacht likes this.
  11. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Im sure some will comply. I will not be one of them.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As they should.

Banditracer and Photo like this.
  13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

My town just went back to full remote for all public schools until 1/19/21.

While it's not a super big deal, the kids were only going 1 day a week for 4 hours (3 cohorts).

I'm assuming the governor will put us all back on lockdown and kill more small businesses.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't guess my business will change much. Probably a few more cancelations, much less than expected growth... But people still don't want to pick up after their dogs, no matter what!

Whodathunkit.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Well, I hope for everyone that they come to the realization that there aren’t enough cops that 1)want to arrest people over this stupid shit and 2)enough that can arrest 1000’s at a time.

I would encourage everyone to get local, start in your neighborhoods and say fuck you to your overlords.
    Stay open, fuck them.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Until 1/19/21?
    No shit.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

1/19/21 LOL ain't that sumthin' ....

18. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Need some school advice. My kid - who is a highschool freshman - has all-virtual school right now and has been since the beginning of the year. He has not yet set foot in his high school. They are going to start offering "hybrid model" in January, 2 days a week for 4 hours each day. I think they are putting plexiglass dividers at every student and teacher desk, plus requiring masks all day, one-way traffic in the halls, no recess and no lunch. My son doesn't know anyone in his classes as he is new to the school. He has to choose this week whether he wants to do all-virtual or hybrid-model, in January.
    Anybody with kids in "hybrid model" school right now have any feedback? Is it tedious and non-social for the kids or are they happier going versus being home all the time? Are their grades and learning experience better?
    Both my son and we as parents are leaning towards all-virtual because it doesn't seem like there will be any social benefit at all, with everyone separated and no off-time and him not knowing anyone. Back when school started we were hoping for a virtual model but now the controls and restrictions are so intense we are worried it might just be weird and depressing.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How are his grades with the current program? There are a lot of kids failing with the remote learning. If he is thriving, then maybe distance works for you. It is a failure for too many.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My son is a junior. He chose the hybrid method when the district offered. He figured he'd get to see friends. Nope. His classes have at most 6 kids in them. He HATES it and wishes he had stayed virtual. And since the teachers are also teaching virtual at the same time the in class personal touch is lacking. His model is top half of the alphabet one week, bottom half the next. Again he wishes he stayed virtual.

Hotfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.