1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Colorado now mandatory martial law ("shelter in place") excluding food, docs, booze, guns and weed.

Jackboots authorized to arrest. Fine and jail time parameters created.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

south kakerlake announced yesterday that every out-of-state visitor has to self-quarantine for 2 weeks

no clue on how they want to enforce that

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, whether a ton of New Yorkers show up down there or otherwise, it's within the FL governor's hands whether to implement controls to keep people maintaining social distancing, and he's chosen to not go that route. So.....

[​IMG]

4. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

This would be wonderfully awesome. The Gov't leaving citizens alone. What a concept. It seems like there was a paper or a declaration of some sorts I read, but it was old. Nobody reads old documents anymore.

Unfortunately, this will NEVER happen. The US Gov is permanently in our lives now in more ways than ever. In this latest panic, more citizens have given them more power by being chicken little screaming at the sky.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wow that's crazy.....I was literally just down in Miami for a business meeting 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't have been able to do that today. I would have had to sit in self-quarantine for 14 days.

This is how quickly things progress with something like this. Imagine where we'll be in another 3 weeks.

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Help me out. Is there some provision in the constition to allow suspension of the right to peaceful assembly? I know it provides for suspension of some things, like habeas corpus.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

When this all started they needed to stop people from leaving the cruise ships in Miami and getting on planes within the next 24hrs as well.

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Well, most people get screened. Some are better than others

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/2...Iq4hFzz0LZp3N31AYjcQht4nbtiDJxcB_UWM8bF7lcQ-E

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Just got an e-mail from Barber Motorsports Museum, they are closed to the public until April 4.

11. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

It's amusing reading about Floridians complaining about New Yorkers as we get ready for our annual onslaught of Floridians/New Yorkers here in Western NorthCarolina. So many second homes here.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

13. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Well that's true but my livelihood depends on these folks so I'm not going to complain about them coming here when the time is right. Which isnt right now.

14. As a general rule, I am with you. I hate being told what to do. That is why I got into a highly specialized field at work ASAP, so I wouldn't have to answer to anyone. It even pisses me off when my phone makes me enter the code, rather than accepting face ID. Don't fucking tell me to punch in numbers when I don't want to.

BUT, lets step out of the "you ain't the boss of me" bubble and look at this logically. The numbers aren't just adding up, they are multiplying. Even with all of the restrictions/isolations/cancellations/border closures/etc, the numbers grew 100,000 in just a 2-3 day period (as linked earlier in the thread). While that number is scary in itself, when looking at that number you have to consider this......

1. There is a 5-14 day incubation period. Which means that 100k "damage" was done 1-2 weeks ago. It is just now that they finally got sick enough to warrant a test. There is no telling what the numbers will be in 5-14 days from now.
    2. Depending on which end of the R0 spectrum you want to lean, that 100k could have already infected between 200,000 and 900,000 other people. You can imagine how bad it can go from there (400,000-1,800,000). So on and so forth.

That isn't science fiction shit, that is real, based on what we know is happening. Nobody is "being chicken little screaming at the sky". That is real shit, based on real confirmed data. This is actually happening.

Sure, we could all ignore it, go on about our lives, and play the stubborn ass "don't tell me what to do" game. But honestly, do you think that is the best way forward? Look at how drastically it is growing around the world, including the US...even with all of the restrictions. Can you imagine what it would be like if Covid never made the news, everyone ignored it, and we went about life as usual?

People keep saying "shutting down the economy was a bad idea". How do you reckon the worlds economy would thrive with billions of people sick, and with damn near everyone that had some sort of pre-existing medical condition (possibly even just high blood pressure), dead?

tony 340 and Monsterdood like this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That's a lot of math and words... too bad his formula is missing a bunch of variables. Does anyone think that every hospital bed has the equipment to treat the same ailments at once (like, umm...ventilators)? Do you think that hospitals maintain enough staff to actually support all those beds? Will the sick be better off parked in one of those beds surrounded by possibly much sicker people and getting little in the way of actual treatment due to lack of equipment and basic supplies like masks and gloves?

Lawn Dart and Monsterdood like this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No.

speeddaddy likes this.
  17. Don't tell me what to do.

Montoya likes this.
  18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Well, it’s much warmer in Mexico so they won’t have an issue right? :rolleyes:

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I see lots of critics with no answers of their own, TTYTT.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Linky?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.