1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealed Carry? Can you get a permit from an online website?

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Sep 29, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That would be me

I’m currently wearing a Kevlar codpiece.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Sure. When its not an option though, makes that an easier choice. If its tucked in your waist...? that's what I meant. I'd rather not have to make it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Going out to the car and running a bitch over is always a choice - when is the last time you made that choice?

fastedyamaha likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not saying you're wrong just that there is zero evidence to back that notion up. For example Open Carry is legal in NC and not uncommon. Nobody has died from it. Not ever, as far as I can tell and I grew up here. People are free to have their opinions of course but that's all it is. Plenty of states allow it and it's never been a problem at all.

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Who said anything about a car? Why am i even responding to this haha? God this meeting is boring.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did in my original response to you. If that doesn't work then how about a baseball bat or tire iron nearby? Do you have a bad habit of grabbing weapons and going after people? Pulling a gun is no different than going out to your car and choosing to run a bitch over. They are both huge decisions not taken lightly. If you're not constantly actively trying to run someone over then carrying shouldn't be an issue.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Not yet but it’s coming sooner than later...

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So you have a crystal ball? May I have one please.

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Do armed bank security count? What about back when everyone open carried and rode a horse? The movies make it look like they knew where the guns were.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I wish PA's concealed carry license wasn't limited to firearms amongst other considerations.

I can't legally carry a big knife, concealed or not. Sword? Machete? Hahaha...not even.
    Baseball bat in the car? Nope...not without the rest of the game gear.
    Hunkatwobyfour...maybe with a whittled hand grip? Pfft, forget it.
    Sap weapons are illegal in a lot of places...don't know about PA.

So it seems, in PA anyway, one goes from verbal command, straight to BANG!
    No escalating scale of grabbing, subduing with blunt objects or cutting/stabbing. No respite for a/the perp(s)...it's straight to BANG when they ignore/dismiss your plea(s) to cease and desist their aggressive/assaultive intent(s).

“Sorry, asshole. In the inescapable position in which you've placed me, the Law has left me but two choices...succumb to your assault or blow your fucking brains out.”

11. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Nope your wrong. Reread carefully your Title 18:908 subsection C statue

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    triplestrong likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

You’re * :)

AC1108 and JBowen33 like this.
  13. JBowen33

14. fastfreddie

I'm thinkin' I'm not the one that needs to reread it. What exactly did you think you read, cuz if it's other than, by chance, coming across those other “offensive weapons”, they are illegal to carry.
    I will agree that the punctuation is no better than that found in the Bill of Rights. :D

15. JBowen33

(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

"Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose

Since I do this for a living I’ll explain.... The knife/ cutting instrument can not have a blade expelled by “automatic” means. I.e switchblades, automatic button type knifes, cutting instruments etc. There is no regulations on fixed blades or foldable knives. A blackjack, brass knuckles, sandbags etc in the eyes of PA serve no legitimate purpose as they are not considering “defensive” weapons and (if you think you should defend yourself with those your probably a moron). The electronic devices are not illegal if used in a self defense manner once you use it in an offensive manner then it becomes an “offensive” weapon.

Example of what I’m talking about as this is a case I just had. A large kitchen knife is not an offensive weapon when used as you know a “kitchen knife”. When you take that kitchen knife and conceal it in your hoodie sweatshirt, walk into your local pharmacy with your face covered and threaten someone with it then it becomes an offensive weapon.

Another example. Woman “A” has a civilian taser. A man try’s to rape her and she zaps him. Not an offensive weapon.

Woman “A” is pissed off her boyfriend cheated on her and she zaps him for no reason other then he cheated on her. Taser then becomes an offensive weapon.[/QUOTE]

16. Quicktoy

You’re * again. And I scored a perfect score on the math section of the SAT, so ’m not a total moron. Just because I’m trained in the sap, don’t hate.

AC1108 likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

If it's carried as a form of self defense, is it gonna get a pass from the “no common lawful purpose” crowd?
    The answer to that is the real deciding factor.
    FWIW, I don't consider folding pocket knives like my Buck 110 a suitable weapon for self defense...but I could sure as fuck assault someone with it.
    I'm talkin' big blades...you know, Mick Dundee “That's not a knife” sized weapons. There's no common lawful purpose for a blade that big cuz the legislators can't wrap their heads around the idea that it could be for defensive purposes...same with the other “offensive” weapons I listed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. JBowen33

Your trying to give me a grammar lesson but you started a sentence with “And” lol

19. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

* You're, a contraction of you are.

Steeltoe and AC1108 like this.
  20. JBowen33

It depends on the circumstances of the incident. Who,what,when, where and why are determining factors.

You carry a taser on you while you walk your dog - Not illegal

You carry that same taser and you zap your neighbor while you walk your dog unprovoked.- illegal possession of an offensive weapon would be one of the charges.

What I am trying to say is unless it is a specific “weapon” outlined/mentioned in the PA statutes ( grenade, metal knuckles, automatic knives, etc) it only becomes “offensive” depending on how/if it is “used”.