1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealed Carry? Can you get a permit from an online website?

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Sep 29, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Holy F'n Guacamole!!
    I really don't thini any of you have even met me, but from Keyboard warrior-ing, think that I'm an imbecile, and everyone here is Holier than thou.....

Get over your selves! Yeah, I'm going to CC and go 'clean up the streets' SMFH

You do realize, that I can open carry now, right?

As I said the last time I posted, before everyone (almost everyone) started beating their chests, and piling on!! Tweet! Personal, foul, 15 yds from the spot of the foul!
    Anyways, as I said in my last post, I'm going to take the class. Etc. So if I open carry, and my coat covers my gun, etc. And perhaps an occassional CC also.

I used to be a Natl. Collegiate Target Archer- no compound bows in college- back then anyways. That's a very lethal weapon.
    I KNOW it ain't the same thing! Sheesh!

So you all that jumped on the pile feel better about yourselves now?

I'm taking the class, and as someone said, I even asked first!
    An no, I didn't send any money to that online thingy!

Again, it seems that some of you feel somewhat superior for having your CC.
    Again, You do realize, that I can open carry now, right?

Please end this thread. I got my answer on like the 3rd or 4th post.

** Edit, My Jixxer and I have some corn fields to plow! Now go on, 'get!

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This is why I carry a sap more than a gun when not at home or in my business.

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's some gangsta shitte right there.

(Half the beeb searching to find out what a sap is. :D)

K51000 and Quicktoy like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Mine has a nice lead head

969 and Steeltoe like this.
  5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I stand by my Statement !

MachineR1 and shakazulu12 like this.
  6. Uncle Snake

Uncle Snake Well-Known Member

Are you able to take another persons life? Answer the question honestly before you proceed as you'll have to live with it. Seriously. Not all can...... Taking a persons life on purpose does things to your brain that are indescribable. Yes, I CC, alll day, errr day...... because getting home to my family is my primary goal. Just think about it, please. I've drawn my weapon twice in 27 years but both it times saved my life or at least a horrific beating with a 24" pipe wrench once for sure.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I walked out of Baltimore soundstage 2 weeks ago at 130 am.. took an Uber there since I was going to be partying. Phone died at the show.. Left the club fairly wasted. I didn't have a problem.. But I had a big fucking target on me. Took 20 mins before a cab rolled by and I grabbed it. I was definitely sweating it.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not trying to get extra dungeon-y, but if you're able to open carry, why the desire to conceal? Said another way, what are you optimizing for?

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Used to be a local guy that did "advanced" carry instruction for $300. Basically 2 days of different scenarios & awareness training to keep you from panicing or losing control of a firearm. Real good hands on stuff and suprise situations.
    here it is...
    http://www.threatassessment.training/courses-overview/

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

A basic class isnt going to teach you survival or train you to fire in an unstressed manner. Its the equivalent of an MSF course. You are correct... it does open your eyes to liability & the possiblity of injuring/killing someone unintentionally. If you want to carry you also have to put in some time as a weekly exercise or additional training. Not to mention that even if you spent time at a range, every week... you still have to be prepared for the unmuffled sound of a firearm discharging.

11. Quicktoy

Nope nope and heck nope. Even when I go visit my folks in Georgia I still concealed carry. I can be on my gun in my pocket and the bad guy doesn’t know. And he didn’t eye me when he walked in the door. I stand away from the open carry guys cause they’re getting shot at first. I don’t even open carry in my shop. I allow my guys to. I want them thinking I’m as small a threat as possible.

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Appreciate the response, but I wasn't asking you (who clearly knows something about weapons) - I was asking the forum's honorary farm equipment what his endgame was.

On a moderately related note - dafuq is a "sap"? Googling got me lots of ERP system ads.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

3C84CDBC-8254-4B34-958B-5DF0C2B422A5.jpeg
    I apologize. I thought you were asking the question as in why wouldn’t you open carry if you could. A sap is a leather strapped handle with a round lead weighted head. Very simple to maneuver and very effective.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Put sap with weapon and search again. :)

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Florida lists saps as one of the allowed concealed carry weapons.

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

A sap is an old school police or private eye weapon. Kind of like a sock with a lock in it. Easy to conceal and designed to hit someone on their head to knock them out etc without having to use lethal force to control the situation. I guarantee you’ve seen them used in older movies.

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Cant open carry within 1000' of a school in WI. In some cities its impossible to open carry because of this.

18. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

True story: walking out of *icks sporting goods with a bag in my hand. Waited for a car to cross the crosswalk. Car goes past the cross walk, I proceed. He slammed on his brakes and the passenger jumps out. Locks eyes with me and comes at me. I reach for my firearm but DON'T draw it. Scan the area to make sure that I was not getting setup from behind. I guess he realized that it was the wrong "old guy" to pick on. Jumped back in the car and took off. He didn't realize that he was just one step from not seeing his family. That would have been horrible, mostly for him.. but also for me. Be careful with your CCW. I have mine. Don't abuse it. My only mistake was that I was so scared that I didn't take a picture of the plate.

19. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Your coat, or anything else for that matter covers your weapon, even for a second, that's concealed carry.

Like someone else said, open carry makes you first target in an incident. Think about that.

Read. A lot. And then read some more. Having your permit brings huge responsibility. I'm not sure you have an idea what the legal implications can be, or how expensive a defense will become if something goes down. It's not for the feint of heart. (or the ignorant)

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Open carry also makes you a huge target for the anti-2a crowd.