1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealed Carry? Can you get a permit from an online website?

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Sep 29, 2019.

1. This. No idea what the OP’s experience is with weapons but you have a certain responsibility when holstering up a gun. Not just to the person you intend to shoot but probably a good idea to try not to miss and shoot someone else. One other thing to always keep in mind, if you pull it out you better be ready to use it. I have been in two situations where I pulled mine out and clicked the safety off, it’s not a good feeling. Thankfully both ended up not having to pull the trigger and myself and the gun did what it was meant to do in those situations and if they escalated further I truly feel I was ready to pull the trigger. You need to learn how to shoot the way you will be using the gun, no bad guy is going to wait while you get your feet planted right, get your breathing correct, etc. My ex father in law made me shoot from all kinds of crazy angles. Like laying on your back and reaching over like you are getting your gun out of the nightstand. Doing that saved his life.

TurboBlew and Yzasserina like this.
  2. You don’t have to be that guy, it’s a huge responsibility when carrying a gun, huge. It’s not just about you but others around you, etc. Plus when you do get a permit, my personal opinion is you need to keep in gun shape. Muscle memory, being comfortable when taking it out of the holster, not fumbling for the safety, etc. If you are in close enough range for a bad guy to reach for you gun is a whole different level as well and could lead to an even worse situation.
    As said, please take a proper class with a proper instructor. Get to KNOW the laws, especially specific to your state and the states you carry in. They are all a bit different and it could be the difference in being a hero to being charge with a homicide.

TurboBlew, stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Since you don't seem to understand how all this works, in a bid for attention in previous posts, you've taken a reckless stance on both your personal safety and the safety of the general public as well as a gross over-estimation of your own skill set. You volunteered that information and I'm guessing it didn't go how you planned. If you don't think that has a bearing on how you and this thread is being received, you can add delusional to that list.

I'll add that I couldn't care less what you do and you're geographically far enough from me that you aren't my problem, but I'm sure there are plenty of K1000s in my back yard.

Much like your clip on post, when you jump up and down and wave your arms for attention, you don't get to decide when people are looking and what kind of attention you get. The fact that you'd consider open carry only reinforces this. I don't expect you'll give a single shit what I say, and you shouldn't, but maybe it puts some of the attention you got (that wasn't the brand you wanted) in perspective.

4. Also where you carry it in your vehicle, and even carrying it to and from your vehicle. By no means am I trying to be political but when something bad goes down and you are found to have not been following the laws correctly there could be serious criminal and now a days, civil issues. Even if not charged by police a civil suit can be brought against you that even if you don’t end of having to pay it will cost you in legal fees. Know the laws inside and out so it doesn’t get to that point and only take it out when you feel you absolutely need to, not want to. Both situations I was in were ones I couldn’t physically stop (without serious potential harm to myself) and I had to assess the situation in a very short period of time then pull it out.
    As said to me once, when that bullet leaves the chamber there is no getting it back. Also be sure to get a very secure/ bolted down etc lock box for your vehicle when you have to leave it in there. I have them in my vehicles bolted from the outside with carriage bolts, with jam nuts on the inside, have to move the seat a certain way to open the lid, etc. That’s also a huge responsibility as way too many guns get stolen from vehicles as well.

OldSchlPunk and K51000 like this.
  5. Haha. I didn’t even realize it was the same guy.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've seen them used somewhere else as well :crackup:

[​IMG]

AC1108, Steeltoe and fastedyamaha like this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Among the other reasons previously listed that open carry is stupid, add to that the stigma and freak out factor from Moms at the grocery store that aren't familiar with or comfortable with guns. They will view their babies are in clear and present danger, when assuming the individual is able and responsible, the opposite is likely.

I have a CC permit and that covers having one loaded in my car, which is my primary reason. I live in an area that is relatively safe, so outside of a rogue mass shooting Walmart scenario, I don't feel threatened...ever really.

I feel CC criteria should be universal nationwide and the permit should be valid in all 50 states.

K51000 likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

0D98B05C-C94F-4688-A18A-D960BAB63F4A.jpeg My wife and I were watching South Park last night and I about died.

Banditracer and fastedyamaha like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's the internet definition. It's a gangsta tool from back when ordinary people couldn't afford a sword and later couldn't afford a gun. Taken all the way back to sailor's who carried a Monkey's Fist. And they are illegal in many places because of the history of criminals using them so check local laws.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Nunchaku are still illegal in a few states too

[​IMG]

11. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, believe it or not, I get it.
    I had my answer in the first few posts.

I'll ask once again,

Please let this thread now END!

12. shakazulu12

We will never let it end!

[​IMG]

ineedanap, acorn27, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This your first time on the Beeb? Once a thread starts, you have no say on when it ends. Nor in what direction it might go in.

TurboBlew, MachineR1 and Steeltoe like this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s right, threads have even been known to be revived after 5 or even 10 years of dormancy :beer:

beac83 and stk0308 like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bro. We haven’t even started talking about Bautista, Rossi or anything yet.

fastedyamaha and Banditracer like this.
  16. shakazulu12

Rossi to KTM/Durrani racing next season. Stamp it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting - name me one...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's easy, you never go near the gun in that situation any more than you'd go out to your car and run the idiot over in the parking lot.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Less bullshit. I'd never bother to carry open.

ToofPic likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

For sure. Very likely someone sees you and over reacts to you with lethal force themselves. You’d never see it coming.