1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy Colorado - opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Prior two vehicles to my current Highlander Hybrid were both 5 speed manuals, digging further back was an automatic, another 5 speed and then a Dodge 600 gutless wonder slushbox. I enjoy a good manual, but 8 years driving a car that has no shift points what so ever, just linear constant acceleration has spoiled me for when I'm not driving for fun, aka 99.99999% of the time. I actually cringe at the idea of taking a well setup CVT and screwing with it to give it simulated shift points so it 'feels' like a 'proper transmission' to people.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Chris and Lawn Dart like this.
  3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Don't hold back, how do you REALLY feel?

BigBird likes this.
  4. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

My moms prius has a CVT.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well Kurlon has your Dad's version of a Prius :D

wrx_02 likes this.
  6. erollinc

erollinc Member

Wait for the new ranger to come out. The 2.3 turbo with a tune will make wayyy more low end torque than the toyota and it will probably get 27-28 mpg. 10 speed auto will surf the torque wave.

Razr likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

problem is..it's still a Ford

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

My Ford has been awesome up until this stuff. I had literally no complaints, which is what makes this so infuriating.

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Driving a 2.3 ecoboost mustang rental this week. That lil engine has gobs of torque at 2k. Feels like a diesel. Really enjoy it. Although I find the 10speed thing pointless. The gears are too close together and you still end up at 2k at 60mph 10th gear.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

but 9th gear is where all the fun happens :D

11. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

This is true for the Frontier but in my mind not necessarily a bad aspect, especially if you're willing to buy a used truck. You could find a low-mileage 2010 or so for less than $10k and have all the features of a new one off the lot that costs 3-4x as much. Yea, they're pretty basic trucks but in my mind that's kinda the point. I own a 2007 and after upgrading the double-din with a Android-based Bluetooth headunit, it is a better carputer than most vehicles have from the factory. I know the OP said they weren't a big fan of Frontiers before so maybe this all moot but my suggestion would be to find a lightly-used Frontier that's a few years older and call it good. The price points for the new Colorado and Tacoma make it hard to justify over a full-size that gets nearly comparable MPGs and has much more to offer for cargo capacity and towing manners.