1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chernobyl

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, May 12, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm wondering if this show depicting the "official" stance is in any way comparable to what's going on right now in China re: coronavirus.

:eek:

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

First American victim of the virus was announced today. They were in Wuhan, but it was the first American fatality.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’m lost. Stance on what?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Very similar, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the "official" numbers are anywhere close to what the actual numbers are, and more and more outside of China are figuring that sobering reality out, despite what the official outlets are telling us. There's no way the propaganda machine in China will be able to keep a lid on it forever. Even though China is a country of 1.4 billion people, there will be too many people dead to completely cover it up. Although they are apparently running crematoriums 24x7 to try and do just that.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...st-100-bodies-a-day-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

Just 1 crematorium disposing of "at least 100 bodies per day"......I'll let you figure out what that math adds up to.

Comparing the government's manipulation of numbers in the Chernobyl disaster (people dead, affected) to what's happening with the Coronavirus in China.

Before this gets too Dungeon'y.....there's already a thread about this over there if you care to read about it.

CRA_Fizzer and speedluvn like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But are they giving us the "3.6 Roentgen, not great not terrible" number, because that was the number that they had.

In Chernobyl, the dosimeter the workers had access to only read up to 3.6. The 'good' one was kept locked up.

In China, they don't have enough tests to give everybody who is symptomatic a confirmation of coronavirus, much less someone who's dead, likely of the virus. If they haven't confirmed it as coronavirus, it's not being counted. It was mentioned in another thread that hospitals are so overwhelmed that you can't get admitted without a positive test, which you can't be administered unless you are admitted, and they don't have one to give you even if you were admitted. Then, if/when you die, you aren't counted as a coronavirus death since it was never determined whether or not you, as an otherwise healthy individual, just decided to up and die for no reason or if you had coronavirus.

It's Kafkaesque!

6. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Big debate on if it was an honest mistake or a glimpse of reality. The numbers correspond though with the crematoriums going around the clock, videos of body bags, and epidemiology calculations determine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ese-conglomerate-lists-death-toll-24-589.html

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Another thing I'd read that might also be contributing to skewing the official numbers is that in China they do the opposite of what they do here in the States when classifying cause of death.

What I mean by that is, if you catch some form of influenza here but you have some underlying condition that has already weakened your immune system (infection, cancer, diabetes, etc etc) if you die we classify it as the flu that killed you.....I guess that might be part of how we rack up seemingly high numbers in the tens of thousands that the flu kills in the US each year.

In China, they do the opposite and will classify it as the underlying condition that killed you if you catch influenza and die. Again, not sure as to the validity of that, but something I had read a while back.

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

This was brought up earlier today. When either the American or Japanese individual who died today, there was an uproar on how they classified the death, because of the issues you mentioned. They also acknowledged today, that they are only counting people with confirmed test results, and that they do not have enough test kits (not sure how they are actually verifying). They also won't admit someone into the hospital, without confirmed test results, that they'd have to be in the hospital to receive. Simply wild.