1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't believe i live next door to these assholes.......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cpettit, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

This is going to come off really screwed up, BUT WHO CARES?....

This is a property rights, individuals rights issue. No one should be forced to deal with anything they don't want to on their own property. I get upset when people tell me I can't carry my gun in their store, but in no way do I think I am entitled to doing it... It's their property... I will take my azz somewhere else. Others should do the same. If you don't like the bigoted fools that are running the business, don't go to it. The only reason they had to make a law, is that people are suing because company x didn't want to deal with them. Probably very similar to a case I heard on the news not all that long ago where a bakery refused to make a wedding cake with 2 guys on it, so the people sued. Was it wrong for the baker to do that, yep... Was it wrong for the people to sue, yep...

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

How magnanimous of you to *choose* to do business with those whose views you find distasteful.

If only your magnanimity extended to affording others that same measure of choice...

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't think compliance with fire codes is at odds with anyone's moral or religious convictions. The poster who interjected that into the discussion seems to take delight in the non sequitur.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

This I agree with. There are too many people on all sides of issues that want to own the victimization.

However, the majority should not be able to get away with oppression of the minority.

5. beac83

Show me where I've said they shouldn't have that choice.

I've said that the state should not bless their choices and hold them harmless against the consequences of their actions.

6. pickled egg

Horse shit (redux).

I opened my business to serve the needs of my customers. I don't get to walk onto a job site and demand the contractor hire me to do the wiring, and contractors don't walk up to me on a job site and demand I go wire their project.

Why is this concept so fucking difficult to get through to people? If you aren't free to choose your associations, you're a slave. Pure and simple. You are forced to do someone else's bidding against our will and with no recourse.

Sorry, I don't care how discriminated against you've been or continue to be. We don't live in the era of Jim Crow, and there is no shortage of people willing to exchange goods and services for good ol' fashioned greenbacks. Give those people your business and refer your friends, and the bigots will die off as a natural consequence of being fucking idiots.

7. pickled egg

Eye motherfucking roll.

8. beac83

So would you be OK if the state refused to let you collect on debts owed to you because they didn't like your status or beliefs? If the state and/or its representatives refused to investigate thefts from you / your business because they don't agree with your beliefs? What if they refused to renew your license just because they didn't agree with something you are?

Sorry, when you open a business, you are subject to state regulation. In return you get their support and protection, such as it is.

9. beac83

WTF?

10. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

You've had some good points in your other posts but youre really reaching right here.

11. beac83

So was the egged one. It was a response tailored to the stupid proffered.

12. pickled egg

Explain to me exactly how contracts and debts differ between individuals and businesses...

An Jesus fuck, man, you sure do like trotting out that "government lets you do business" canard. Government impedes my ability to do business, best fucking thing that could happen is those cunts left me the fuck alone.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I don't remember checking a sexual preference box on my business license application, and checking any of the available minority boxes would more likely get me a degree of preferential treatment. And the cops routinely ignore the frequent theft I deal with, to the point that the only reason I would call them would involve a dead body.

14. ped

ped Banned

I disagree it's a property rights issue for a licensed business. BUT I do agree it actually gives a great amount of freedom to let patrons know where not to shop. If people want to be so stupid as to lose customers it's a win-win. I live on the boarder of Indiana and everyone I work with lives there. They have to come to Ohio to get get jobs as it is. Same thing is Louisville, the Indiana exit is bumper to bumper every afternoon.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually it is an opportunity to others. When we had our store there were others in town that treated customers who happened to be black poorer. We treated everyone the best we could (except one guy but he was an as@#$#e). They changed later as we were growing by taking customers they mistreated. When we sold they were a fraction of what they were when we opened. Oh and we did not cater merely treat everyone well. So we also attracted ladies as we kept our store clean. And yep even those white devils came in.

You cannot force someone to not be an ass by law. However doing the right thing has rewards if you choose to do it.

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This right here should pretty much end the discussion.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

beac, serious question: Is sexual orientation a protected class?

18. beac83

Generally, no as far as I know.

Based on some federal Court & Supreme Court rulings, it's a suspect class at the Federal Level, but not a protected class.

Some states have non-discrimination laws that cover sexual orientation, but most do not.
    Even on the states with such laws, it does not carry the weight of the Federal designation of "protected class"

It's actually pretty wierd. Equal civil marriage exists in about 36 states, but in most of those states you can still legally fire/refuse to hire someone for being gay.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Is black? Is hispanic? Is handicapped? What if they said they won't serve people over 55 years old?

I don't know how this is anything other than blatant discrimination.

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Actually, yes those are protected but I understand where you are coming from.