1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't believe i live next door to these assholes.......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cpettit, Mar 26, 2015.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So it's okay to discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs but not their sexual preferences?

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

While I disagree with it, it is their right to do it. I dont understand peoples need to ram their beliefs down other peoples throats. Just because they want to be accepting of gays doesnt mean everyone else has to.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Now wait a sec.

This law allows businesses (and apparently, individuals working at a business) to discriminate in providing public accommodation in the normal course of their stated business to the public, based on their perceptions of a customer's race, gender, etc. if they happen to have some belief that they consider to be religious that makes them uncomfortable providing to that customer.

There is so much wrong with this that its hard to figure out where to start.

5. beac83

This law goes far, far beyond that singular form of discrimination.

6. ped

ped Banned

While I disagree with it, it is their right to do it. I dont understand peoples need to ram their beliefs down other peoples throats. Just because they want to be accepting of christians doesnt mean everyone else has to.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

are you high? or just a run of the mill - bitter old straight white american christian male - who can't even be content with being born into being gifted the world?

the crushing weight of the white man's burden is unbearable!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

People are ignorant... It's real life.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Why would you want to do business with someone who didn't want to reciprocate? It is not like we are dealing with exclusive suppliers of goods and services. Let market and social forces work and shop elsewhere.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ah yes, the fallacy of "white privilege" jumps to the forefront again.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Oh I'm pretty sure that will be the case. Several large corporations have already suspended all business travel to IN. This will do much more harm to the state than good.

12. beac83

I'm going to miss riding at Putnam, but at least I won't be supporting this foolishness.

13. aedwards01

What part of I disagree with it did you gloss over? I have a close family member thats gay which even feels weird to catagorize it like that because I dont think of them any differently, also several people I associate with on a daily basis are. I dont care. My issue is with telling private business who they can and cant do business with. Do we need to bring up the chic fil a thing. How many people stood Up creating record sales when the government attempted to censure them? Its not about gay rights for me, its about government interference and people telling others what they have to accept and be tolerant of.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  14. aedwards01

There must not be any gay white people. :D

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Does the management at Putnam make you feel unwelcome due to your sexual orientation? If not, why withhold your business? If I have a negative business interaction with one gay individual, should I refuse to do business with any gay person? How would that make you any different than the creators of this law?

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the government interfered with slavery too. and segregation a few decades ago. those fucked up bastards always ruining it for you, am i right?

are you completely devoid of being introspective? or maybe devoid of empathy? or is it just completely unfathomable to try and honestly put yourself in somebody else's shoes and see the world from their perspective? its easy to say everything's fair when you're the one dishing out the fairness.

17. You just checking to make sure it's still ok to be anti Muslim? :D

What a ridiculous law.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Oh oh. Both social justice warriors are here now...:D

19. You agree with this law?

20. aedwards01

Yeah that's it, the government letting all those gays in the businesses I go to is ruining my life.

:crackhead:

Im not explaining this to you anymore, its obviously over your head.