1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can wild squirrels be trained? (paging SpeedyE, I guess?)

Discussion in 'General' started by bergs, May 1, 2012.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Seriously?

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Great thread, but you guys are beggin for the ban with the vids

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

OH F@CK!!!!! SORRY!!!!! I haven't been here in so long I forgot :eek:Sorry Mongo

4. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

So let's take what could otherwise be used for educational purposes and place it in the fray of the YT vid thread.

:rolleyes:

5. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Gotta a question. I can see how young, impressionable animals can be held and tolerate humans, but what about when they reach sexual maturity? Isn't this when wild animals, especially males, become the most aggressive and unpredictable?

Ya know, just like with humans :D

I always hear stories of people raising wild animals from birth, only to be overwhelmed when they reach maturity.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

In a word, yes.

It can vary by time of year, too... for example, when a buck deer's antlers are all smoothly covered in velvet, he's the nicest thing on four hooves. When that velvet starts coming off, though, he's a crazed asshole for three months.

Here's me & my masculine 13 year old self & the creatively named "Buck" at the zoo I worked at back in the day. Two more weeks & he'd've stomped me to death & shoved the camera where the sun don't shine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Dude, you've got some serious St. Francis stuff going on.

Are badgers really all that dangerous? I'd be much more hesitant to approach a pissed-off coyote than a pissed-off badger. I get that the badger has claws 'n shit, but the coyote's jaws seem much more dangerous than the badger's.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Sub-sonic .22lr is quiet enough that most neighbors would never know its a real gun.