1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable news

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jul 20, 2008.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We've discussed all of that McCain shit. McCain flip flopping on offshore drilling isn't in the same category as some of the shit that has happened on the Obama front. Obama hasn't really gotten bashed that hard in here especially considering how far left he is. Some of the worst for him has been his handling of Rev. Wright. He's just new and people are getting to know him.

McCain doesn't have many skeletons in his closet. His closest fell apart years ago.

I don't need to expand my media horizons. I don't listen to any of them. They are all full of shit.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Do so!

Even over ten with our sandals on...

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

When you're a conservative, you believe everything this administration tells you...

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Same thing.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So what label is applied when you don't believe either one?

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I prefer "John". :D

7. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

Cynic

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixt.

9. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Open minded "scary person"....Troublemaker fits me personaly...:D

10. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

Malaki has already said that he was misquoted, so don't hold that last truism as justification of support for Obama.

Liberal media bias ... let's see. The New York Times ran a piece "written" by Obama and McCain responded. The Times is refusing to print the response unless McCain puts in what they want in the response. Duh, free speech, favoritism, leftist propaganda ...

11. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Maliki hasn't said he was misquoted. An "Iraqi government official" said he was misquoted through... wait for it.....a Centcom press release.

12. PInC

PInC Well-Known Member

I was just watching CNN and they said Maliki himself has said he was misquoted. Surely CNN wouldn't lie.

13. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I guess having retired military that are being paid by the pentagon (even though they didn't say anything about being paid by the pentagon) to hype up the Iraq war was leftist propaganda too.

Liberal MSM, please tell me you are f'in joking. Sorry but there is no liberal MSM in this country, left of faux does not make it liberal sorry.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Left and right is relative to where YOU are on the scale, regardless of who YOU are.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Retired military and you couldn't figure out the government gives them money?

WTF?

16. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Read the entire transcript of the interview here and tell me how such specific answers could have been misquoted :

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,566852,00.html

The translation for the magazine relied on Maliki's own interpreter by the way, not the magazine's. Here are a few excerpts for those who don't have time to read the whole thing...

SPIEGEL: Germany, after World War II, was also liberated from a tyrant by a US-led coalition. That was 63 years ago, and today there are still American military bases and soldiers in Germany. How do you feel about this model?

Maliki: Iraq can learn from Germany's experiences, but the situation is not truly comparable. Back then Germany waged a war that changed the world. Today, we in Iraq want to establish a timeframe for the withdrawal of international troops -- and it should be short. At the same time, we would like to see the establishment of a long-term strategic treaty with the United States, which would govern the basic aspects of our economic and cultural relations. However, I wish to re-emphasize that our security agreement should remain in effect in the short term.

SPIEGEL: How short-term? Are you hoping for a new agreement before the end of the Bush administration?

Maliki: So far the Americans have had trouble agreeing to a concrete timetable for withdrawal, because they feel it would appear tantamount to an admission of defeat. But that isn't the case at all. If we come to an agreement, it is not evidence of a defeat, but of a victory, of a severe blow we have inflicted on al-Qaida and the militias. The American lead negotiators realize this now, and that's why I expect to see an agreement taking shape even before the end of President Bush's term in office. With these negotiations, we will start the whole thing over again, on a clearer, better basis, because the first proposals were unacceptable to us.

SPIEGEL: Would you hazard a prediction as to when most of the US troops will finally leave Iraq?

Maliki: As soon as possible, as far as we're concerned. U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama talks about 16 months. That, we think, would be the right timeframe for a withdrawal, with the possibility of slight changes.

17. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Not their retirement money, they will still being actively paid by the pentagon for their services.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What services? As talking heads? So what?

19. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

The "so what" is that they presented themselves/were presented as independent experts on the cable news shows while at the same time they were being coached by the Pentagon about what to say.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Top brass don't need a lot of coaching. ;)