1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. More heavily pigmented Jesus.

2. What year / model is it? I have a new set of 450 cases here I'd let go for heavily used cost to help the dude out if they will work. Only stipulation is this thread stays open. (I really do have 450 cases though)

BigBird, JRider600RR and VFR#52 like this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

No. I gave the buyer the repair order and all info I had with the dates

4. Robby-Bobby

I have a complete used set I would give him.

However, with everything else being new then the build was done I would want new cases

JRider600RR likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Or would it be burnt umber Jesus?

pickled egg likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Big Butter Jesus

7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

The new, to him, cases would be nice. Unfortunately that's not the only issue. Having the wrong frame to the title will probably cause an issue at the DMV should he want to tag it. Granted, we do live in Memphis and it's not like they're the smartest around here. I appreciate you chiming in Robby. I wasn't about to bring you in this unless you wanted to be.

8. Robby-Bobby

Rest assured, when clarence sees this, I'll be pulled in anyways.

I do still have the original frame as well. I don't throw anything away. As far as I'm concerned it should go with the bike.

Not sure why he would have sold that frame with the other title though. That seems fishy to me.

BigBird, JRider600RR and obcbr like this.
  9. This is my most favorite gif of all time. I wish I could play with him.

10. The best and easiest fix to this was linked in the 3rd post on the 2nd page. Had that fix been applied a long time ago, this issue (and many others) would have been avoided.

JRider600RR and ghetto customs like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

At what point does the buyer have any responsibility for not executing any due diligence. Not saying the buyer deserved any of this but at what point do you look the bike over, verify the condition including the title etc prior to purchase.

12. Melka, is that you?

:D

dsmitty37, Jedb, Scotty87 and 5 others like this.
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

And at what point does a builder say it can't be fixed. Seriously, using adhesive on an oil seal on a motorcycle that someone will be riding at 100mph.....WTF!!

This thread could have easily been......."My buddy got killed on a bike he just bought from Clarence because they jerry rigged the motor"

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Funny how I've bought close to 35 bikes in my lifetime and never once had any issues. Geez, I wonder why.

Here's my stone cold lock advice when buying.
    Look the shit over.
    Twice.
    :)

15. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Because you didn't buy any of them from Clarence?

BigBird, Gorilla George and HPPT like this.
  16. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Lol

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He doesnt get tagged in until hearsay is activated...:D

Jedb, Blackbeener and Gorilla George like this.
  18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

We're now treading into huge pussy territory. We're starting to get traction. Buckle up!

Did his thread start early Sat morning

Potts N Pans and Ducti89 like this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The only question I have is why does Clarence still have teeth? It sounds like he has fucked over almost everyone he has dealt with.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A great dental plan?