1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

A local guy contacted me about a KTM 450 you were selling. He told me a little about it, and asked if I'd pick it from you at Tally. Which I did. I was excited, because I'm attempting to get this rider, as I have 3 others this year, on the track. Two of which are now racing. I pick up the bike from you which appears to be in good working order, aside from it being a PITA to kick start. I bring it home where this guy is excited to get out on the track and start riding. Unfortunately, he never made it that far, or anywhere for that matter. Just to name a few problems; 1) The title goes to the wrong frame. This is going to give him problems if he attempts to register it. 2) The engine is fucked. Your "Fresh build" on it was 2 years old with numerous track days and races on it. Because of this, it leaks like a sieve. Making it inoperable to ride. The buyer contacted a reputable builder, who frequents this board often, who proved as much with a build sheet and date stamp. I will not bring this builder into play unless they so choose. 3) The bike is such a hodge podge of parts from various years he is going to have a hard time ordering parts to fix these issues. I have numerous photos from the buyer that I cannot get uploaded on here.

You knew you sold a bad bike, for a substantial amount of money I might add. He took you for your word, unfortunately. Make it right and take the bike back. Give this man a chance to get out on the track on a rideable bike.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Hopefully he screenshot ALL of the correspondence on this transaction. IIRC, Clarence has legendary record keeping skills.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Here we go!

Metalhead likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

kicked into First gear and waiting for the lights to go out to launch.

track wagon and Metalhead like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Oh man! I love me a good Clarence thread! :)

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is CR still active or did he get the permaban?

10. Bloodhound

2017-05-27 18.23.03.png

11. Launch control engaged and throttles pinned.

track wagon and Metalhead like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had to search to remember who he was at first and then I found it. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Bloodhound

Razors Edge now I believe.

14. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

The buyer and Clarence both have copies of their messages, plus from the builder. I'm unable to upload them on here due to my phone. Maybe Clarence is a good guy, but this deal was horrendous.

15. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I would like to see it resolved between them two. This is to let others know he's made bad deals, and can again.

16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Well there's a hell of a lot more people than those two that know about it now.:crackup:

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This thread and the 'shitty parking' thread, are going to be epic. I'm so happy.:D

slimjim00 and bleacht like this.
  18. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

In on the first page!!!!!!! did anybody pick up a phone? Lol

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Clarence who? Never heard of him.

Phl218 likes this.