1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Oh yea this will be a GREAT thread.

I'm the builder.

That bike was a hodge posge from day 1.

Long story short, he spent a bunch of money to have me build him a motor which ran great but I told him BEFORE, and during the build including documented texts where I said this thing was a money pit and to just part it out because he would never ever stop sinking money into it.

I tried to help the buyer with all the parts invoices and showed him the texts between clarence and I telling him this was a clapped out bike or something like that.

So clarence goes on an epic rant about me, posts my arrest report all over Facebook calling me a crook etc.

I had my last falling out with him a while back and had no idea he was actually trying to sell the bike or I would have attempted to stick my nose in it.

It boils down to the motor needing new cases because the right case was so worn the seal won't stay in and as a patch, I tried ducati sealant to attempt to hold it in place Tiger the motor to stop blowing oil and everywhere.

Needless to say, I completely regret not just telling him no refusing.

I have offered the new owner any parts at cost to try to help out but I'm afraid This will turn very ugly.

Good news is that I save all texts and communications with clarence so I'm sure I'll be posting them soon

2. Robby-Bobby

I'm like the candy man beyotch!

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why did I know that this would involve Clarence's BFF? :crackup:

BigBird and Robby-Bobby like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Naw man, he went pretty low towards a good friend/mx racer buddy and also tried to drag my parents into the mess so we literally had a group meeting and let him know he wasn't welcome on our premises any longer.

JRider600RR and VFR#52 like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, the lights are out and the thread has launched. I was thinking it was gonna be red flagged but nope.

6. Robby-Bobby

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RB, what's the fix in easiest terms, if there is one? New (used) motor?

Anything good on the bike like suspension/ chassis?

8. Robby-Bobby

The motor needs cases. Not cheap but he already spent money on new crank cylinder and head because all of those were blown up to shit.

He spent a shit ton but we didn't know about the cases till after it was built again. At that point I was done going any work for clarence.

I did try to tell clarence he should at least buy the guy a new set of cases since he wound even help the guy other than blame me.

JRider600RR likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Well it is kinda your fault. You were all vague and left stuff open to interpretation. There are several ways that a person can interpret "don't buy that clapped out bike".:D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Easiest fix would be to let Bautista use it for a weekend... ;)

CB186 and Canadian Bacon like this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Everything else in the bike is nice which is why I said part it out. It's just that the motor had been rebuild countless times before I toiched it.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did this work occur after your last BBS fight with Clarence? :confused:

418 likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. [​IMG]

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For understanding, what would the new cases cost?

16. Good used cases for my 450sx-f are like $350 a side. New they're more than double.

Edit: I just looked for no real reason and they've come down in price. I just found both sides on eBay for $325.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, $1400 give or take a bit? Thanks.

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

That was beautiful. :crackup:

vizsladog likes this.
  19. That's pretty cool of you, even though you are a bad guy :)