1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. sowega

sowega #710

He may still be locked in his trailer.

2. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be different if you paid for the work and communicated with the builder, but that's not what happened. It sounds like Clarenece didn't want to pony up the cash to fix it right. I can tell you that if one of my customers said, "I don't want to fix it right, I just want to make it run", other than strongly advising against it, its the customers money. Mechanics do what they are paid to do. We have no clue what you as the customer are going to do with the item, you just got hosed, and it sucks, I promise you Robby Bobby wanted it fixed right. Also it surely possible the seller did that......

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  3. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

I wouldnt have been able to race today without Clarence!!!! He seems like a good dude to me helping anyone he can. Im sure there's another side to this story...

TLR67, Robby-Bobby and motoboy like this.
  4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

SMR 450? How much you want for it? :D

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

No doubt about it, clarence will do lots to help out racers when it benefits him.

Just be aware that there are roughly 20 riders who have ridden for him who will literally never race again if it meant having anything to do with him. Including probably 8 active wera racers....

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Its not the builders job to be a moral compass for their customers. Yes I'm sure you could refuse to finish the job but how well would that end?

These guys are trying make money not save the world.

Unless Robby Bobby didn't tell CR about the ghetto fix, this is 100% on Clearance.

Gorilla George and Banditracer like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because checking and confirming a set of numbers on a frame with a piece of paper is so exhausting. :D

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If this is the same thing that was posted on Facebook a few weeks ago, I'm fairly sure the engine build was a few years ago also wasn't it?
    If so and the bikes been fine for two years that should be taken into account when it comes to saying Rob shouldn't have fixed the bike the way he did. Imo anyway.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't remember the exact time frame, but the motor and bike was built approx 2 years ago.

The last motor "fix" before I washed my hands of clarence and doing any work for him anymore was almost a year ago.

i sentence all paperwork with dates on it to th buyer approx a month ago

JRider600RR, VFR#52 and noles19 like this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Early as in after 10am?

Theres only room enough for one huge pussy chicken shit 'round here.

Until we get the other side, im still king of the tampon moutain.

SlimRR and vizsladog like this.
  11. caferace

caferace No.

If it was on Clearance, it would have been cheaper. :D

-jim

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

he said it, i was already thinkin it though by the time i got to his post ... ;)

G 97 likes this.
  13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Cursed autofill! :D

14. Well played. :D

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I just went thru like 50 pages of that old thread on the couch tonight...

Jesus take the wheel clipons. Wonder what excuse spells this witch will summon from his cauldron this time...

16. I can't understand how people can sleep at night doing this type of stuff. I'm probably too honest selling stuff but getting a bit less money is worth it and I've always thought fair is fair.

SlimRR, Gino230, BigBird and 5 others like this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    When I sell shit I disclose everything I know about it, price it fair and don't do that haggling bullshit. I don't think I could deliberately screw someone over because I would feel like such a piece of shit after.

SlimRR, BigBird, JRider600RR and 2 others like this.
  18. Amen to that.

JRider600RR likes this.
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This thread is NOT delivering.

418, motoboy, BHP41 and 2 others like this.
  20. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Lol sorry. It's probably because Clarence isn't here to reject said accusations.