1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottled Water

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What will remove lead, toxins, and most of all flouride, but will retain the good minerals? It seems like one of the kits I was researching once before removed EVERYTHING, and then had a second stage that re-introduced good mineral content for taste and health.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was pretty tasty, thanks for asking munchkin. ;)

3. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I didn't remember the part about the limit being reduced while in your personal vehicle. Is that state specific?

4. I could be wrong, but I feel all of these full house reverse osmosis alkalinity toxic removing multi-filtered blah blah blah shit falls into the "people have been perfect fine for generations without it" category.

No telling how many times I drank water right out of the garden hose, or tap, or whatever.

It just seems to me like it is one of those things people are way over-analyzing and over-thinking.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not that I know for sure. It's what I was told in school. Something about "the CDL means you are a professional driver and that you volunteer to be held to a higher standard....."

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't think it exists, the heat has to be vented out of the cooler somehow.

dtalbott likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Did you grow up in Flint, Michigan?

8. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Not mine! It all comes off my roof into a cistern under the house. Lizard poop is the concern here. And it's frogs f@cking in mine. I know, cause I have tadpoles...

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

And it's also total bullshit. Not true at all one of the biggest myths out there. In the rig is absolute sobriety, personal vehicle is the same as state law.

CDL holder as well.

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I think the .04 is federal and doesn't apply to a non-commercial vehicle, it's that way here anyway.

Edit: He beat me to it.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

People generations ago didn't have fertilizers, toxic waste dumping and synthetic hormones and other chemicals leeching into the water table to contend with. You know all the pharmaceutical drugs people take these days? Well guess were a good portion of it gets excreted from their body, yup their urine.....and then off it goes to the sewage treatment plant that usually doesn't filter out all those chemicals and hormonal refuse before it sends it back out again for consumption.

There's alot of things that your great grandparents and prior generations weren't contending with putting into their bodies that we unfortunately have to.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was discussing this several years back with my brother when I was considering it. Few homeowners would need an IO system in their house, and if you do, you have bigger problems to deal with.
    Those systems are meant for industrial operations, where they have specific requirements for the water they use.
    They are expensive to install and maintain, so if all you need the water for is drinking, buy bottled water. You can buy an awful lot of bottled water for the price of a home system.
    Broome would probably give you a few bottles.
    My brother was CEO of Thermax USA at the time, so he had a little insight. Water treatment is their business.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Well call me a bitch. I drink Fiji almost exclusively.
    Their bottles are PET (they say it's high-grade PET). What's the difference, you grow better boobs?

I guess I should change out the red filter (lotsa iron in our water) and UV light on my well system and fire up the water softener...mainly to keep the pipes and appliances clean.
    Our water doesn't taste bad, just needs better filtering than straight out of the ground to feel good about drinkin' it all the time. Maybe send out samples before and after...I live on a hill next to a farm with higher elevations that grows feed crops. Maybe find out what the farmers are sprayin' though I only see them spraying infrequently, like once a year, if at all.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Half of you have no problem drinking water out of a polyethylene hose on a hot day.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Much like milk in a plastic jug, if I can taste the plastic, I don't drink it.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Says 78% of tested samples in PET bottles had the girly hormones floating around in them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2702426/

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about we discuss practical options for storing our water in something safe.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What kind of storage are you thinking? I pour mine from the filtered fridge into a stainless contigo cup, usually have 2 @ 20oz next to me watching tv. Same in the RV although it's the cold line to the sink and ice maker that's filtered and I usually only take one cup with me on the road.

19. That is literally the exact same thing I do. Same Contigo bottles also.

I like my Under Armor bottle also (it keeps ice just as long), but the Contigo has a bigger opening so I can fit the half-moon shaped ice into it without having to take the lid off.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am betting most fridge water filter systems have plastic lines running to and from them. I know mine does. It is very hard to get away from everything that is "bad" for you. The key is moderation. Avoid it when you can.