1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottled Water

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's why you toss em out the window with your beer cans.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Don't buy the freezer. Stash the water behind the frozen dinners, get it out next time 'round.

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The first time I went to Daytona for Bike Week, I went with a bunch of friends in an old school bus loaded with all of our bikes. The bus had a urinal funnel/hose in the front stepwell.

You know, the one next to the folding door with all the windows in it. :eek:

Not for guys with "shy bladders."

dtalbott likes this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did you know that you cannot have alcohol, opened or not, in the truck?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Surprisingly, urine is relatively clean as far as disease transmittal is concerned.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. I was making a joke.

In Missouri, they can't even sell beer in Truck Stops.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I've been in truck stops that sold beer, wine, and alcohol. You can drink it on your ten hour break, just not in the truck.

And you better not be under the influence driving. That CDL means the legal limit is cut in half. That's in your truck and in your personal vehicle.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, DOT doesn't mess around with it. I wouldn't see the point of drinking at all while on the road. Say you drink a couple beers during the first two hours of your break, you may still have some in your system when it's time to drive again.

Best to stick to meth ;)

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

WhAt does marriage have to do with the services they provide. Your complicating ths leearning opportunities.

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Are you posting while drinking tonight? :Poke:

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In line with the whole TRT thread that was posted previously I've ceased purchasing bottled water.

If I'm on the road and/or have no other recourse for clean drinking water then sure I'll get it in a bottle in a pinch. But at home I drink tap water (I have well water) that runs through a water softener and then a PUR water filter and keep in glass bottles I refill in my fridge. I'm considering getting a whole house reverse osmosis system in the future. If you take a moment to inventory all the things in your everyday life that contribute to endocrine disruption (aka xeno-estrogens, the things that makes your testosterone levels dive bomb) they start adding up pretty quick, and the shit that leeches out of plastic bottles into your water (actually not just water but all sorts of food and liquid that is packed in plastics) is one of them.

Even the ones that they label as "BPA free" as if to say hey this plastic is safe often times have alternate chemicals that are just as nasty. And generally the softer and more pliable the plastic container, the more of that shit is in it.

Just some food for thought.

That's the point....they MAKE you into a bitch over time ;)

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Blame the errors on my broken smat phone. Why is the op adamant about avoiding the vital topic of lot lizards and the services they provide is this and other threads?

13. caferace

caferace No.

How's that veggie burger, sweetie? :D

-jim

14. I hate those little weak chickeshitass water bottles. They piss me off every time. I simply CANNOT take the cap off without water going everywhere.

I prefer "Smart Water", "Voss", or "AquaHydrate" (I order it off Amazon). Personally, I can tell a taste difference between most of them. I don't like "Aquafina" or that other one, shit, I cant remember the name. It comes in a square bottle with flowers and shit on it. I think it is call Fuji or some shit like that. I don't like the taste of it either.

But usually around the house, I just drink Tap water. I have several of those water bottles that will keep ice for like 12-18hrs, and I keep water handy.

Something like 85-90% of the world goes around every day in a mild state of dehydration. Rarely to people drink enough water.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Water is bad for you. Fish poop and have sex in it. :D

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Do some more research before doing this. Reverse Osmosis systems take all the mineral content out of the water. Your body needs many/most of those minerals. If you are going to do a RO system, consider it for a side tap in the kitchen or something.

Also, RO systems waste more water than they produce.

Besides, it'll be like drinking distilled water all the time. Flat, flat, flat.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

It also turns the water acidic(a little, not burn your skin off level), and over time, if thats all you drink, it will change you body PH(causing Acidosis). I was doing some research a year or two ago about it and I decided I would never install the RO drinking water system that came with my house. Same goes for buying "drinking water". I buy Spring Water.

http://www.wellness.com/blog/24028/...-if-you-don-t-know-read-this/tina-peters-bshn

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is that a brand, like Cheap Wine? :D

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd heard some of that in passing but hadn't researched that far into it yet. Thanks for the heads up.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have an iSpring RO kit with alkalizer and remineralization...

Water tastes great and my water bill hasn't changed since we installed it.