1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Deal is done.....results in about 6 weeks or so...

2. NJGSXR1k

NJGSXR1k Well-Known Member

Can you post a baseline dyno before you get started?

3. Chip

Chip Registered

Yep....

4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Let's get them filthy red commie bastids! :D

5. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Hell I think Im more interested in the baseline than I am the final product. With all the hype behind the stock power of the S1000RR.. Chip is probably the most trustable resource. Very anxious to hear.

6. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

Please post pics if you can.

7. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

I love the Kevin and the guys from KWS but for what ever reason their Dyno seems to read higher than most. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it just is what it is. I have taken my bikes from his shop and gone straight to the Official Dynojet Dyno at the GNF and the HP numbers were 5~6 HP lower on the "Official Dyno".

For a Base line number and the Horse Power gain, is what the Dyno is most usfull for anyway. It still is the best tool for tunning and testing.

Chip, Kevin..... It was a sad sight, not seeing your team at Daytona. You guys were missed!

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Id bet an in house dyno is a lot more accurate then some roving dyno

9. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

First of all, I don't mean anything negative about KWS or their Dyno. All I was saying is when I had my Dyno, the numbers that it gave me were about 5 HP lower than the KWS Dyno. The Dyno at Savannah Harley reads about 5 hp lower and so does the Dyno at RM Racing, I have had bikes on all of them and they all read lower than the KWS Dyno.

Having said all of that, it doesn't mean crap anyway. What we all want to know is what are the before and after numbers?

10. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

That's how much power they can put in your bike over there...just being in the BUILDING adds 5 horsepower

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw the other five at Loudon some years back. They didn't like mine no matter what they called it. Half the fun of riding a rat Beemer was pissing them off!

[​IMG]

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Deidre says she doesn't care, and that there a lot more important things in the world to worry about.

But don't dare call her estate a station wagon. :D

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Chip, never, ever forget... the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, I probably worry about those, too... ;)

15. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

Has the build started? Impressions?

16. pinson41

pinson41 Well-Known Member

more like a 900 v twin lol progressives way of saying we insure harleys. but because harley didnt make a 900 v twin...someone should tel the flo's writers.

17. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

YEAH! We want progress pics too! It's ok to hide your secrets, we just like tech stuff.