1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Develop parts....

We build our own cams, heads, pistons, rods, etc.....for most models.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Or a 205-mph RC51

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D Dude, mine was real. Measured by Cycle World on radar.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So was mine.....measured by a Minnesota state troopers helicopter slide-ruler and abbacus (sp)

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

That's great that you want to offer advice to YOUR FRIEND. But why not do it with a phone call, a text, an email, or over a beer?

These are all methods of having a private conversation, and since it's your friend you should know how to contact him.

Instead, you choose to shit all over Chip and his generous offer in a public manner.

I don't know you and you might be a decent guy, but I do know the way that you've bungled this little situation is not the way a man conducts his affairs.

For fucks sake act like you know what your doing.

Kevin Oliver

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OBTW, Red, you're guess is wrong.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Let's see, I had a FZR1000/ R7 that was set up for nitrous Formula USA bike, a TZ350 with nitrous Formula USA bike, a GSXR1125 that delivered the power so violently that it snapped my wrist in a GSXR750 frame Formula USA bike, an 888 that had read like a FBF/ Ducati race department wish list and quite a few others but, never a superbike.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh wait, silly me! I almost forgot about the GS750 superbike, the 3 GSXR 750 superbikes and the Muzzy built ZXR7RR superbike that I traded for a Porsche 911 turbo and a bunch of cash. How could I forget those? I must be getting senile!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But....but...but....Red's the only one to ever own a superbike other than Chip.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I understand that's common in you old folks...

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have some bikes that make superbike level powa... just not all the accompanying chassis/brake/wheel upgrades...hehe.
    Theyve all been to the track at one time or another, in their service lives.
    Of course they are still assembled and collecting dust in my garage. If I were one a the cool kids Id have it appart on my work bench waiting for a parts deal on Ebay to get back to my glory days!

12. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

Im tired. Thanks for all the fun

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't think anyone here said they last forever. But keep showing your ignorance. It's amusing.

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

15. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

I stated multiple times KWS motors are great motors and i have alot of respect for them.

I never bungled up any situation, this motor will hopefully get in the right hands...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you?

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Who is feeding you that line of bullshit? You are just clueless.

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Red900:

Here's the deal - seriously.

You bought a Superbike spec motor. Were you racing in Superbike spec classes? Were you doing well / getting podiums / winning money doing so?

No?

Then understand that Superbike spec = high HP = relative talent to harness it = return on investment if you do well and have the willingness to service/rebuild it on truncated schedule.

Otherwise, grab yourself a stock motor and try to run the rings out of her. Stock literbike motors are 150+ hp nowadays, utterly bulletproof, and more then the average Joe needs.

19. Germany

Germany I'm new, don't hate...

Ok, everyone... I'm back...

During all of you were bussy on here I rode my bike the S1000RR for the first time.
    The bike has in my opinion already enough power for what I need this bike for. This will be my Streetbike for the 2010 Season, only Street ( I now have GSXR600 in my garage for track use only, and a maybe trackduty 1098S with a broken transmission). I educated myself quite a bit on a board in Germany, which includes actual BMW Motorrad guys. And just friday something came out what makes me worry that this motor will even be runnable under normal circumstances.

I would love to do a motor-build, but on the other hand I think that for my purpose it will not be working out. If I had enough track experiance and would be able to run with all you big dogs, hands down the bike would be in the trailer and the trailer in your Parking lot.

Who ever will have his motor done, will be happy thats one of the things I'm sure, also all the stuff I read from KWS is top notch.

Maybe in a few years, that is something I need to look at.

red900, thanks for your input, as always I apprechiate it. Hope to see you soon!

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Think we'd ever see eye to eye?