1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Feb 26, 2010.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. Matt@Hotbodies

Matt@Hotbodies HBR Racer Support Manager

Hey guys,

That new BMW S1000RR is quite a machine and I cant wait to check it out myself when we get one here at the shop. I just wanted to show you the latest edition to our bodywork line. We just got this prototype set in today and if all goes well with the test fitting we will have them in full production sometime next week. Screens and undertails are coming soon as well.

Matt B.

Attached Files:

3. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

If you haven't even had one in your shop yet how did you make the bodywork for it?

4. Matt@Hotbodies

Matt@Hotbodies HBR Racer Support Manager

We got the OEM bodywork from a supplier and created our molds off of them. I have seen the bike and it looks sharp, but I haven't gotten a chance to tear into one or ride one yet... hopefully soon!

5. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Glad to know the fit will be up to HB standards!!!

6. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

Oh snap!

7. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

BMW BW...

We got it from BMW Alpha Racing, that's the factory BMW WSBK team, pretty sure it will be fine... We have a local guy coming by next week to fit it on his bike, pictures to follow.

8. benprobst

Glad to hear you're actually planning on putting it on a bike!! Good luck, bring your dremel.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  9. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

BW...

I see you changed the post from your original... We put every set of Bodywork we make on every bike before we start selling them and make changes if necessary.

Hey since your such a doubter... when you get YOUR S1000RR, PM me and I'll give you a set to try FREE as long as you post a review.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. benprobst

I did, in the original I was going off Matts and your assumption of fitment befoer ever having a bike in the shop. Glad to hear you are bringing one in.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Is there a particular reason for your asshatedness or is it just coming naturally to you?

12. benprobst

Mostly natural. Though I keep coming across some clearly shoddy work in the case of much of the product being produced by HB, despite continued assurance that their stuff is the best for the money. Then people using the general forum as well as other peoples threads to hype and advertise their product just rubs me the wrong way. Whats your reason? Or are you a natural as well?

13. Scootimus

Scootimus Well-Known Member

Back on topic. hey Pete, if you need someone to take the bike to Chip I will be more than happy to ride it there for ya. No need to worry that if fell over in a trailer while being transported!

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He's a natural too.

:D

15. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

16. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

I thought this was the Chip at KWS giving a Bimmer owner an unbelieveable deal thread. Somehow it turned into the Jerry Springer thread.

Someone send a Bimmer to KWS! You won't be dissappointed.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I don't think Chip/KWS works on cages...

18. Scootimus

Scootimus Well-Known Member

Oh I think they have built a cage motor or two.

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I think he's one of the six people on Earth that care if you say Bimmer or Beemer. The turtleneck and driving gloves crowd gets awfully butthurt over that for some reason.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where was the S1000RR that ran at Daytona?