1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bladerunner 2049

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Oct 3, 2017.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Last I heard of him, he did the very "B" movie Hobo with a Shotgun.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sooooo?...

(It's out now, innit?)

3. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Saw it last night, it's good.

Best if you watched the first one ahead of time or remember it very well.

And not a typical Hollywood action flick for the short-of-attention span masses.

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

It was entertaining. Very slow paced, but I never checked my watch. That said, if I had been watching it on HBO I doubt I would have made it through the whole thing. But yeah, I havent seen the first one in a long time, but got just enough of the reference.

5. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

grandson liked it. I thought it was OK but not up to the first one. if not for the cheap matinee tickets I would have waited for blue ray.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Man, studio better hope word of mouth saves this thing, because it did not have a very good opening weekend for such a high-concept sci-fi flick with that much star power. Only $31M.

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I was reading that the Friday numbers were dismal. I got caught up in a bunch of things and missed it this weekend. Definitely making up for that this Friday though. Some friends told me it was great. I do think the number of people who were in to the original is pretty small. So taken in that light, they simply didn't market the movie at all it seems like. Just in speaking with other people who didn't know anything about the original, they had no idea why I was excited about it.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

There were only two people from the original that I could tell. Harrison Ford and Edgar James Olmos.

I thought it was well done. A bit slow in the beginning, but overall, actually a better story and delivery over the first one.

9. barnacle bill

we were at a friday afternoon matinee on fall break and there were 15 of us in there watching the movie. I too thought it was slow but there were a few twist that made the plot interesting but not nearly as good as the first imho .

10. barnacle bill

another thing. maybe it was just our theater but some of the score was so loud I had to wear earplugs and my hearing isn't that sensitve . grandson thought it loud too.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Saw it in IMAX form yesterday, it was loud (which I liked, what's the point otherwise?). Movie was good, but why did he have to be bloody in almost every scene? Replicant hygiene in the LAPD is apparently lacking.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

James Edward Olmos.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Given, even the first film didn't do that well in the box office, but it gained traction as a cult flick and certainly influenced a TON of movies that succeeded it, not to mention the amount of money it made in subsequent releases to home-video in multiple versions/cuts.

The studio has to be dissappointed, though. Rumor has it budget was in the neighborhood of $185M.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Olmos got it right.... Edward James Olmos

cha0s#242 and Jedb like this.
  15. Pittenger5

Sean Young, though if you blinked you might have missed her

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Which part?
    The older lady with one eye?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I see what you did there.o_O

18. Pittenger5

Same character as the first.

19. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Saw it Saturday night. Over 2.5 hours but pretty good. If you liked the first movie, it's great! I would say it's worth watching the original first if you haven't seen it in a while.

20. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Just watched the original again this weekend. Interesting to see all advertising in 2019 LA. I think Budweiser is the only one I saw that is still around in 2017. Care to book a flight on Pan Am?