1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

"worried you might get tired of it"

@Gorilla George just how long do you normally keep a car again?

Isn't it about as long as the original tires last?

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this is a good idea, but part of that first sentence can be false sometimes. we've seen brand new cars with imperfections and rail/brake dust straight off the transpo train that needed (cough* Tesla cough*), at least a clay bar job. doesn't need some 100 hour wet sanding, but still, not perfect. also still tho, def a leg up doing it sooner.

also, can ceramic the calipers just the same, and wheels. just mask off the pad areas and its fine.

Gorilla George, ducnut and BigBird like this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Im guilty of this a few times over, but I’m in recovery. It is played. It’s gonna look very identifiable as a period in time in a few years.

SuddenBraking and Gorilla George like this.
  4. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Aren't those yellow calipers the ones with the ceramic rotors that cost like 20-30k to replace? Paint them black for sure!

Gino230 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

You just proved the point that you know the brakes just by the caliper color

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Black. Grey makes it look like its in primer, waiting for a Maaco paint job.

JBall, HPPT, CBRRRRR999 and 2 others like this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Atomic orange or Cherenkov's blue.....for the win.

8. That is a very valid point. Black will always look good; it isn't a fad.

Even though I have had the SVR for over 2 years now, when I walk up to it, I still think "That is badass". I will still catch myself turning around and looking back at it as I walk off.

While I might like the gray at first, just because it is something different, I don't know that it would still have that impact after 2-3 years.

The black will.

gixxerboy55 and ducnut like this.
  9. 2-3 years is the average. There have been a couple I unassed after 12-18 months, and I kept the Turbo Bacon for 3 years (longer than anything). I reckon the average is probably 2 years. I don't think I have ever seen the 20k mark on an odometer. So I have never had to change tires. :D

I really, really liked the Turbo Bacon. How much I liked it played a factor in the decision to get this over the Bentley. The Porsche was by far the most "solid" or "tight" vehicle I have owned. Every gap, inside and out, (body panels, vents, doors, etc) was perfectly spaced and there was never a single squeak or rattle anywhere. Going over railroad tracks didnt sound any different than going down the highway.

I liked everything about it, except the size. I felt a little cramped in it. This one will be bigger so it should be perfect. Not to mention it will have 240hp more than the Turbo Bacon. :D

BigBird likes this.
  10. Yeah. The Carbon Ceramic brakes come standard on the Turbo GT, hence the yellow calipers.

The way your comment read, you make it seem like painting them black will lower the replacement cost. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  11. Ok, yall made some very valid points. There have been a lot of vehicles recently in that flat gray color, and at some point that fad will fall off and be less desirable in the future. Not to mention it would probably end up looking old to me quickly.

After thinking about it like that, I don't want to spend that kind of money and gamble on something that I might not like in a year. I know I will always like the black and so will others. It might be easier to unass the black vehicle in a few years.

Thanks for helping me look at it logically (again); it helped tremendously. :beer:

Decision made, I will make it the Jet Black Metallic.

R/T Performance, beac83 and ducnut like this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This.

I couldn’t imagine paying 150K for a four wheeled vehicle, but if I did I’d damn sure spend 162K to make sure I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. It is more a matter of not wanting to go back on what I said. I set myself a limit of 200k for the vehicle itself, and at the moment I am under that limit.

Taxes and shit will fuck it up. But technically, I said "for the vehicle". So I am still standing by what I said.

If I do the $12k paint job, I will be like $10k over my limit.

It goes back to what I said about having to draw the line somewhere.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had changed my answer to back to black. Good choice. can't go wrong with the black and the yellow calipers will add some pop to it.

Gold wheels would also, but I know you gotta draw the line somewhere :D

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  15. Yeah. I can't do the gold wheels. Not a chance in hell. :D

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  16. Shit. That dark gray with the black wheels and tinted windows and shit would look badass. Fuck me.

I mean, I reckon lines are meant to be crossed. :crackup:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you could have the vehicle in any color you want, what would that color be?

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm not trying to troll you and I'm sure whatever you get you'll be happy with, but I can't understand not spending to get what you want.

Plus, negotiate that shit and they might even throw it in for free - tell them you're between this and an RSQLFR8 but you're confused because it looks like to get it in the color you want (which is offered for lower spec models) there's an upcharge and on principle you're not going to pay it.

If the sales guy is any good he'll probably give it to you for free, particularly if you let him know that you buy new vehicles every two years.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh I forgot to mention I am first in line when Chris moves on to the next vehicle... ha!

20. Shit. That is tough.

My initial thought is black. Every time I build my next car, I start out with black, then I think “Oh this would probably look good” and I change it.

But then just before the deadline for making changes, I end up going back to black.

I don’t know if it is because I like black the best, or because I’m scared to gamble on anything else.

I know I will always like black. I *think* I would like other colors too.

It is that uncertainty that brings me back to black every time.

R/T Performance likes this.