1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Yeah, I sorta tried that when I was in there. The dude just looked at me with this “really?” kind of look. :crackup:

He said he only expects to get one Turbo GT allocated the rest of this year (mine), and many dealers won’t get any at all.

There is absolutely no incentive for him to bargain or toss in anything for free.

Hell I am just glad they aren’t trying to add $20k for the “market value adjustment” or some shit like that. I am only paying MSRP. They aren’t adding any other fees.

Unfortunately, when it comes to bargaining, I don’t have the upper hand in this situation.

Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Go with what you know on this journey. It's not a used Yugo that you can toss aside if you don't like it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

But you do have uppercuts...did you try that approach?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not that good a deal when what he wants is a color that is offered on other versions. It's not like he's bringing in his wife's purse and saying "match this color."

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ceramic white with satin black wheels and black calipers.
    Living in Florida has some bearing on color choice but white looks tits.

Yzasserina and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well I will never dissuade anyone from black on vehicles, but there are other colors out there... deep anthracite, deep navy, deep forest green, blinding white... someone post up all the Porsche color wheel choices with a poll, hahaha...

I'm just teasing, but I am glad you steered away from that yick gray color. You now know that you are tentatively receptive to another color, and you can always research and choose it next time.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Black

8. He was kind of a tinkerbell.

Maybe I should have stood up and pounded my fist on his desk and been like “lookahere motherfucker…” :crackup:

9. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

That grey, has it in spades over the black.
    I in So. Cal you see 50 black Porsche SUVs a day here. Nothing special...to look at as it's just SOooo status quoe.
    Zzzzzzzzzzz

Seriously it's a nice SUV, But from 50' in ( black) it just blends in with the 1000s of other Cayennes; Turbo S or not..it just runs in the herd with the phathora of used 5000.00 versions.
    That Grey stands out with fresh elegant subdued class.

That grey is just on point !

Yellow calipers show far better with the grey as well. While flashy, yellow blends perfectly w the lighter color and not look like a bolt on as it does w the black, the contrast is too pronounced.

I'm a black car guy too....but not for that rig...not at all.

Best wishes on your choice

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  10. EXACTLY

That’s what I don’t get. It’s the same thing as the wheels on the RSQ8.

I’m asking for a paint color that is right there. They already have/offer it. Why should I pay $12k for something they have sitting right there on the shelf?

Rather than grabbing the black paint, dude might have to walk an extra 5m to grab the dark gray paint. Why should I pay $12k for that?

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

More like "...see here Nancy..." :crackup:

12. You are killing me. :crackup:

That was my initial reason for considering the gray to begin with.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Chris - you redefine the concept of "first world problems"...

:D

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

So let me get this straight:

Dealer:"Here's your custom ordered, very limited $200K Porsche "
    Waterboy: "Great thanks. You know what...I'm cross shopping a car that's $50K cheaper, so I need a discount"
    Dealer: "You want a discount on a car that is very limited, heck they are charging $8k over sticker on an Accord, maybe you should buy a Honda"
    Waterboy: "Suddenbraking on the beeb said you should discount that paint of $12K and give it to me for free, and discount the vehicle"
    Dealer: "you know what, we'll do it, and take off the GT sign while we are at it"

15. :crackup:

While I find all of this kind of stuff (researching, building, comparing, etc) exciting, I do reach a point where it starts stressing me out. :crackup:

I woke up in the middle of the night, and the first thought I had was “black or gray” and I struggled to get back to sleep.

I am terrified of getting something and then regretting it a few months later.

16. :crackup:

Yeah, that about sums it up.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of dudes face when I said “You should just toss that into the deal at no charge”.

He was like…

upload_2022-1-24_10-25-34.gif

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The only color to pay for would be ducati red

britx303 likes this.
  18. At the moment the voting is split exactly 50/50.

That’s not the kind of decisiveness I was hoping for. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This is hilarious. The dealer told you you were likely to be the ONLY recipient of your vehicle. And you are quibbling about the color? WHO CARES! You can fix it later. I would take that ugly ass battleship gray in a heartbeat. And ship it off to get whatever color I wanted shortly thereafter.

20. Ugly ass battleship gray :crackup:

Yeah he said there are 13 of them on order across the nation. They aren’t easy to come by, that’s why he has no reason to negotiate.