1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Flag on the play.

Gorilla George and dtalbott like this.
  2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I vote grEy….:Poke:;)

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Ceramic can still get swirl marks

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

That looks more like Chalk than arctic Grey

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

When they’re clean, nothing looks better than a black car, but they only stay clean for about 15-20 minutes after you wash them. Grey looks good and doesn’t show dirt as bad. Grey also looks rather dignified to me.

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Actually that car would look good in white, with titanium wheels,I have had one black car,and a couple white ones, white is cooler,and easier to keep clean.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just a second, is this black, or jet black metallic? Hopefully the latter. It's interesting, for such a special car, kind of limited choices. Where is the anthracite? I guess they are happy to upsell you. Unless you're happy with the jet black metallic, the perfect choice, lol.

karrotx and Gorilla George like this.
  8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Grey but, hey... I am biased. Toyota calls theirs "cement". I am usually a "white guy" but, this changed my color selection. Ski

chip lifted.jpg

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

noles19 and Yzasserina like this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Strictly appearance wise black. IMO the grey looks like the car was primed then just clear coated to save money instead of getting a proper paint job. The "pre season testing" look is cool on race cars but I am not a fan for street cars.

HPPT, Gorilla George and gixxerboy55 like this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That has a lot of taupe and silver in it. Not the flat blah grey seen so often recently.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. Exactly. That color looks like you couldn't make up your mind. I love gray on cars, we have two (and two black), a deep metallic anthracite and a flat bluish gray, but this presents as neither here nor there...?

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If we have to vote for the color, we should be able to borrow it for a weekend.

14. :crackup:

15. They have both options. A plain black, and then a jet black metallic.

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt=1642993595&screen=375x812&userID=USM&lang=us&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&ORDERTYPE=9YBCQ1&CNR=C02&MODELYEAR=2022&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/

At the moment, mine is setup to be the jet black metallic.

That “paint to sample” is where they nail you with the upcharge. If you don’t like any of those others, you can have it painted whatever you want, but they charge almost $12k for it.

16. That was my first comment exactly.

I was like “What happened, they just put the Primer on it and then said fuck it?”

I didn’t care for the gray at first. But then I saw it with the black wheels, and it started growing on me.

I want to try it, but it is kind of a gamble. I think I would like the gray, but I know I would like black.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you think you would like the gray, but are worried you might get tired of it, you can always have it wrapped in black after 2 years and it will seem like a new car.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The jet black metallic is beautiful, timeless, classic. The grey/gray is different. There is no objection to grey/gray, but why they sicced this particular hue of grey/gray on this lovely vehicle is beyond me.

But all that is neither here nor there. Visualize yourself walking toward your vehicle after an awesome workout at your gym. Which would you rather see?

If you can't quite see it, $12K says you can.

:D

19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That dark blue with black looks really nice, sorry this is fun.

20. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Black the grey is getting over done

RRP and Gorilla George like this.