1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

MonoGray is FknUgly.

vfrket, Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I never really dug gray cars until Audi introduced like 4 different shades on their cars but went silver on the cabrio. Audi had a gray that was a weird almost black for a year or two. That was awesome and I think Porsche had it for a year on the 911.

3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Too light, a darker or titanium would look better.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Arctic Grey is pretty nice. Reminds me of Seal Grey

5. They do, and I agree. That was my first choice.

But I’m being cheap. :crackup:

See, the Turbo GT is only offered in a handful of colors. I don’t know why, the regular Turbo has a ton of options. But not the GT.

However, you can do the “paint to sample”, where you can have it painted in any color you want.

……but it’s almost $12,000.

I can get it black, or that Arctic Gray for free.

Well, not “free”, I am sure they are getting their money for it. But I can choose black or that gray for no additional cost.

If I want it painted in that dark gray (I think they call it “Graphite Saphire” or some shit), I will have to pay a lot extra for it. I don’t wanna do that.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. That!

That was my first choice. But like I said, it isn’t offered on the Turbo GT. And I can’t bring myself to pay $12k for it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. Yeah, I’m still not 100% decided on the calipers.

If I get the car gray, the calipers will have to be black.

If I keep it black, I might try the yellow calipers. AA said there is a place that can wrap calipers any color and they look OEM.

8. That is what I’m scared of. I want to try the gray. I think that gray with black wheels and calipers, and dark tinted windows would look badass.

Also I can get the door handles black, and the “Turbo GT” lettering on the back is black, plus the spoiler.

The roof is Carbon Fiber, but driving by it will look black too.

So I *think* I would like the gray.

But I I KNOW I will like black. My vehicles have always been black. I keep them super clean and they look nice.

I do like the gray, and the wife likes the gray. I kinda want to try it.

But the thing is, I don’t want to end up getting tired of the gray. I am scared I might like it at first, then after a few months be like “I shoulda got black”.

9. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Black since I only drive black cars and I plan to buy this from you in 2.5 years for half of msrp. :D

10. Well shit. That’s a very valid point. :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  11. :crackup:

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

needs white wheels

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Black. Get it ceramic coated, before you drive it home, and it’ll stay nice and be easier to keep nice. Doing it from the get-go seals in the perfect finish and is cheaper, because nothing needs correction. Lastly, it’ll always be easy to sell, as it never ages.

Once saw a black/black Ferrari 599 with yellow calipers and it popped. Keeping the calipers clean probably wouldn’t be fun, though.

14. In almost all of the videos, it looks like this. The “press models” that get sent around for test drives and reviews are all Arctic Gray, with gold wheels.

And no. I’m not doing the gold damn wheels. :crackup:

FA9B46DC-480C-44CB-AAA7-44ED1AF5D834.jpeg

15. That’s a good call.

Jaguar did that with the SVR when it showed up. It was done before I picked it up. I need to have this one done too.

My first thought was black calipers. The first time I built it online, I changed them to black.

But the yellow is growing on me. But only with the black vehicle, not gray.

A gray vehicle with black wheels and yellow calipers is what too busy. Way too much going on. Looking at it gives me anxiety. :crackup:

16. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Pale grey.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$12K for paint to sample seems like a smokin deal to me. Plus, paint to sample cars usually have better resale value. Probably be free once it comes time to sell.

18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Toyota has a grey like that on the Tacoma, they call it cement. I call it ugly AF.

That car needs to be black or screaming red.

Also, grey is one letter away from ghey, NTTAWWT.

19. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have the Bridgeport

beac83 likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That looks like battleship gray. Barf. I realize you are conquering all comers on your way to the gym, but still barf.

Gorilla George and OldSchlPunk like this.