1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

This should be an interesting series.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it, the guy plays a great d-bag.

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Kind of sad so far. Looks like his post-Bad life mirrors his early lawyer life. He reached for the stars and got burned by WW. Glad to see they already have other Bad characters in the plot. That's what I was hoping for. Not just Sal's prequel, but the other characters too. Can't wait until Sal bumps into a full haired, sweater wearing, timid WW for no plot reason at all. Then as they part ways, mutters some quip under his breath to describe him, not knowing what the future holds.

Interesting though that they actually showed the post-Bad version of Sal first. That seemed odd since I thought I had heard they really wanted to distance this somewhat from Breaking Bad. I'm guessing to keep people from being disappointed. Not to get picky, but if you are laying low, would working at a Cinnabon in a mall be the best way to do that? A greeter at Walmart might be the only more public job you could have, but at least that might be out in the boonies somewhere.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I just watched the 1st episode, I thought it was terrific, even better than I thought it would be. I won't spoil anything, great list of characters.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Agree

I'll keep watching. It was kind of quirky and Odenkirk was born to play this role.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I caught half of it and it was okay. But I've never seen a single episode of Breakin Bad so I thought I was missing too much.

I'll give it a go again but so far I'm not hooked.

7. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

not overly impressed yet,enjoy other shows much better like "The Americans","The Bridge","Gotham" or "Backstrom" or even "Fortitude seems interesting after four shows

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I thought Backstrom sucked. A good new one is Allegiance . Although it's along the lines of the Americans.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Breaking Bad wasn't that great initially.

Getting through the Malcolm in the middle dad persona took getting used to also.

If I hadn't the 1st few shows to binge through, I'm not sure would have caught on.

10. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thought it was excellent, made me want to watch more for sure. The bit in the beginning showing his current life was sad and funny, as it was exactly where he said he'd wind up at the end of Breaking Bad. It also mirrored the typical storytelling of BB by showing a flash-forward, then building the back story of how they got there. Good stuff.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The 2nd episode was excellent, didn't disappoint at all. I like them implementing a couple BB actors. This show has the highest viewer rating of any new show ever.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Well, I like it! :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A sleazy lawyer enjoying a show about a sleazy lawyer...whodathunkit? :p

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You would, shyster. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought I recognized Tuco when he opened the door, but I wasn't sure where I had seen them before. I guess I didn't think he would be one of the characters that would be brought back. I'm glad they did. :D

pefrey likes this.
  16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I'm liking it already. Big time BB fan, this show does it justice for sure.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My wife and I thought the first episode was great. Watching the second tonight.

As mentioned, I remember BB starting off slow and then obviously picking up. I don't have any beliefs that BCS will be as good as BB, but if it somehow delivers, how cool would that be.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The show is pretty good. I think it is off to a fast start.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone said his name, or Mikes. I wonder if they'll be the same characters on BCS as they were on BB? I doubt Mike worked at a parking lot.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The guy who came to Saul's office at the end said his name.