1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I think the most cash anyone ever paid me was $800. I only rep small time criminal low lifes. :D

I heard this the other day: My buddy was in court when another case was called. The accused and his attorney went to the bench. The attorney asked for an adjournment because he had not been paid. The accused went ballistic saying "I paid you $2,000 in cash three weeks ago. The attorney said with a straight face: "That's impossible. I don't accept cash." Stifled laughter in the courtroom, and the Judge raises his eyebrows, saying "Do you expect me to believe that, Mr. _____?"

Needless to say, the case was not adjourned and a plea bargain was struck then and there.

They don't come too much dumber than that. :D

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i like the show a lot, i think because from watching breaking bad we all know where he is in a few years and its interesting to see how he gets there

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, but trying to list a cash payment from one individual at $20,000 w/no social isn't going to survive an audit.

Heck, even banks need an IRS 8300 for any cash withdraw over $10K

I really think Jimmy's/Saul's accounting stint was just for personal conscious. Remember, he still had one at that time.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's different in other states, but here, any transaction of 10k or more of cash is reported to the IRS. I saw of guy from Detroit come to Indy to pay 70k cash for a Corvette ZR1 back in 1991, he went apeshit when they informed him they had to notify uncle sam.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh, yeah.

Now the show's hitting that stride.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea it's getting interesting for sure.

8. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

Yep,like how it is getting really interesting the last three or four shows

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think there has only been 4 episodes so far:D

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's been 6 so far. I liked Saul's spilt coffee move.

11. sdg

sdg *

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well damn, that's gone quick.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea it seems like the good series just flies by. The Sopranos was like that also, plus the seasons these days are what 10-12 shows?

14. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Mike's whole back story was pretty intense. Guy is a really good actor.

As always, his plan to get those two 'individuals' was typical bad-ass Mike. Great writing.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Parking garage scene was hilarious. That Johnny Bad Ass could be one of many guys from the BBS. :D

Chuck turned out to be a real POS!

edit: Just to be clear, Johnny Bad Ass was the one with the guns. :D

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, that episode was interesting. Chuck surprised for sure. My son and I have been watching it, tried talking mama into it, but she doesn't want to have something else to waste time watching.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea Mike is a real badass, great character.
    I think Chuck's dismissal of Jimmy hurt Jimmy pretty bad. I can't believe Jimmy hasn't banged his lawyer friend.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I think we just saw the birth of Saul!
    That scene with Chuck at the end was brutal.

And Mike is one bad ass!

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yep, I think this episode cemented the foundation of "Saul ". Poor Jimmy tried to do shit right, and all he got was screwed. I didn't see it coming from Chuck!

20. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Great casting. I totally buy her (Rhea Seehorn) as an associate at a large law firm. Good looking but not over-the-top.

I can't stand the casting in most network shows where a model-type beauty is supposed to be some hardass detective or some such. :rolleyes: