1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Man, last nights episode really kicked it up a notch. Show is getting good; answering some story questions, and building up Saul's 'criminal' law career.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I get it….It's All Good Man

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I think the first season is better than the first season of BB. Sacrilege I know :D

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think BCS should be better than BB.

Gilligan wasn't exactly a nobody in the film industry before BB, but he wasn't a household name. He had to pitch BB to several studios/networks and very nearly didn't end up making it at all. But, after the success of BB, I think he could pitch a story about damn near anything & get carte blanche & budget to match to tell it.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

BCS doesn't (yet) have the bite I was hoping for.

I can't remember if we meet Mike through Gus or Saul....

6. antirich

To my knowledge, Mike was a contact of Sauls in BB. I believe he was first contacted to clean up the 'mess' in that duplex he lived in.

Famous line "I saw nothing, I heard nothing, I know nothing".

BTW: how cool was that PR/Billboard scam of Sauls? Although the watch/money scheme in the beginning was great too! Didn't see that coming.

Can't wait to see what drove his brother over the edge. Gotta be something big.

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't see the watch scene coming. I was like look out the drunk mad guy just got up behind you and he's gonna kill you.

Then when the guy fell off the billboard and he was yelling at him to hurry up. Then said it took you long enough and they slapped hands. I was like what the hell Saul just saved your ass. I'm not sure I realized it was a scam until the law firm scene when they were discussing it to be a scam.

The final scene where he's counting the money and making fake receipts has now shifted my mind from down and out lawyer to Saul. It's about to get good now

8. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Its funny. I know he ends up as "Saul" the shister lawyer but I was almost rooting for him to turn out decent during the first couple of episodes. :crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't even consider for a second that the billboard seen could have been a scam. Not even when the other lawyer brought it up. I figured he was just hating. As for the "it took you long enough," I figured the guy was just an ungrateful rude fuck. But I have an excuse: I'm too afraid of heights for my mind to even conceive that someone would do something like that on purpose. :D

10. antirich

My guess is that he was trying to make it look like a 'legit' consultation; for tax purposes. Why he did this, I don't know; maybe to feel legit or something. Maybe something to prove to his brother?

Technically, he'd be better off just pocketing the cash. Can't see how $20K in a cash payment can be explained to the IRS, especially since I bet they didn't give him their social security number.

I like how the wife was justifying them keeping the money. Pretty twisted frame of mind.

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Lots of attorneys who rep criminals get paid in cash.

It may or may not get reported to the IRS.

12. auminer

You heard the guys down at the pool hall saying that, I presume? :D

13. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

When he was climbing the ladder I looked over at my wife and said "I bet the whole thing was a set up to make Saul look like a hero." I guess I must have a devious mind from being in construction for so long. :) Didn't see the Rolex thing coming, though.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Cash is a legitimate form of payment, it's up to you to pay your tax on it.
    The billboard scene was the best scam yet, I think the exposure should help Saul's business, he did get "7 new messages".
    Tying to figure out his brother is a tough one, I do like McKean though, very funny guy.

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, the spin with his brother is proving really interesting. It seems like that's going to be a final turning point into him becoming "Saul". Overall, I'm really digging it. I'm glad it isn't the slapstick schtick I was afraid they were going to do.

16. auminer

Rewatched the episode this morning, on a whim I called the # on the billboard. Chuckleworthy.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I deleted it already.
    What's the #

18. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks, I googled it.

20. auminer

As I recall, there were several phone #s in Breaking Bad. I might call them & see what the result is. Like Pinkman's # when Skyler though he was selling Walt weed. Seems like Jane's # was revealed, too.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Phone company incorrect # recording.

I'ma try & find Jane's #.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015