1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto blip and clutchless downshift for a 600?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pudge, Mar 28, 2016.

1. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

I understand auto blippers, im asking about bikes not equipped but have a slipper clutch, take Barber, t14. you have to downshift near full lean. if your slipper is not set up right. auto blip or not your getting it wrong if the back end starts to lock up.

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

OK, you got my interest. Need to do more research. Are you implying that DJ has a QS/auto blipper set up coming out, or just that DJ is finally getting with the times and going with a strain gauge? I'd love to have a reliable auto blipper for my R6.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's not a DJ system, but I use the DJ switch to trigger the box. (Technically, it's not a DJ switch, but it's got a DJ sticker on it.)

And it's not a strain gauge. Simple on/off switch that works up and down.

4. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Check this http://www.translogicusa.com/blip-assist.php

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Same with me, blip all during practice but when I get in too hot and think I'm not going to make it I can't blip, and that's exactly when you need the blip.

wicked lizard and Blue Junk like this.
  6. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I don't have mine that way, nor have we installed one with constant power. We always run power through a brake switch. I personally wouldn't hook one up with direct/constant power.

7. wicked lizard

wicked lizard Well-Known Member

Sounds like you know what's up so I'm gonna ask...from the reading I'm getting it says the sensor is activated by the clutch lever and that clutch less downshift will soon or later kill the gears...I'm interested in the auto blipper aswell...so I guess my question is is it worth not pulling the clutch...I see a lot of ppl not...is this damaging there gear...thanks for any feed back..2015 r6

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

8. metricdevilmoto

IMO, a blip event triggered by the clutch lever is useless.

I'm a chassis guy and despite my repeated stays in various hotels during the season, I'm not a guy that would make definitive calls on motors and wear and tear, but none of the guys that have handled our motors have said anything regarding wear and tear on the trans. We service and inspect the clutches regularly and make sure they're within our spec and let er eat.

9. wicked lizard

[​IMG]

10. wicked lizard

Anyone use this.m

11. Blue Junk

I have been using one for a few years and have installed about a dozen here at the shop. IMO, they are a good unit and we haven't experienced any issues with a single one.

wicked lizard likes this.
  12. wicked lizard

Does it wire to clutch lever or throttle ..I may be reading this wrong but ..you still have to pull the clutch to actuat the blipper...can you explain alittle

13. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

The standard OEM clutch switch only 'makes' when the lever is pulled almost to the bar - kinda defeats the purpose of a blipper for clutchless downshifts. Since the kind of frantic downshifting and rev matching that would warrant a blipper is generally done while braking for a corner, would it not make more sense to connect through the front brake switch, which 'makes' pretty much as soon as you apply pressure?

14. wicked lizard

Is that possible. .I have no clue I'm just starting the homework on it...thanks for all the imput

15. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

i had that system on my R6 but did not hook it up to the clutch switch. i used a dyno jet quick shifter sensor to make it clutch less down shift

16. metricdevilmoto

There are a few different ways to wire it. Some are more effective and useful than others.

17. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

Just got mine in from ebay and didn't come with instructions. I know where to plug the wires for the clutch & brake switch, but there are 3 connectors at the end (2 going into the on/off switch) but where does the 3rd connector connect to? Or am I missing something?

18. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

Figured out that this unit didn't come with the 3 connectors (with positap to the ecu). Can someone please let me know which color wire on the unit connects into the ecu (I will make my own connectors). Also can someone confirm if Serial # TRC31116 is for a 06/07 R6? Thanks in advance!

19. wicked lizard

so you hooked it to the shifter ,so now when you shift down it blips for you?I have the dynojet qs as well.. this is very interesting info. thanks ..

20. Blue Junk

You have to wire up an additional sensor (opposite direction) and wire it in-place of the clutch sensor.