1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto blip and clutchless downshift for a 600?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pudge, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

Can you add the auto blip and clutchless downshift to any of the 600's? I'm hearing about the new 1000's with them but I need something that's not 200 hp. My skill level is more towards 100 and maybe to 150 hp.

Thanks

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Only bikes equipped with throttle by wire can be "easily" made to blip on downshifts.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

R6, MV F3 allegedly.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

5. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

What do you need on the r6? I see the flash tune for the new R1 on graves motorsports site but nothing for the r6.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Shop that knows what they are doing and is local to you. Or you can do the clutch activated one from Techtronics racing if you want plug and play.

7. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Or save yourself the $ and learn to blip the throttle on downshifts ;)

But you still may need to engage the clutch.

WingLeaner, Bypass, JBall and 2 others like this.
  8. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

This method is way slower and less effective.

blake holt likes this.
  9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I have the Techtronics and it is the bomb diggity. I cannot blip, I have tried, over and over. Once the pace hots up I cant.

10. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

We are all way slower and less effective!

11. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

i have the carbs unit hooked up on the R6 to a quick shifter sensor and i have clutchless down shifting it works fine

12. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Doesn't the CARBS a unit need the clutch switch and brake switch to activate?

13. metricdevilmoto

If someone knows what they are doing, the box can be triggered by an inline QS switch. However, in this day and age of everyone with internet access considering themselves a GP level mechanic, this is actually one of things that really, really has to be done right. You're giving this box control of your throttle via the TBW. Doing it wrong or not wiring it correctly or not properly routing the wires can mean very bad things. The "intended" use of the box is for the blip event to be triggered via the clutch switch and, as a safety precaution, only triggered when the brakes are being applied. Much more effective when used with an inline switch but also, more potential for things to go wrong which is why the included literature describes the other wiring method and not the inline switch one.

mpp12 and throwdown like this.
  14. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'd be interested in getting one, but lack of clutch/brake switches stopped me. While I'm not really interested in the clutchless aspect, I'm not sure if putting the switch back on and over riding the brake side is possible. Clearly a well trained mechanic would be doing the work. Maybe it's easier to call/email you regarding this

Mbpooma likes this.
  15. metricdevilmoto

The wiring diagram included basically uses the brake light switch as an on/off switch for the unit. Unless the brakes are on, the box doesn't get juice. And it uses the clutch switch as a signal ground to trigger the blip event. It can be wired a variety of ways. By far, the most effective way it can be used is the clutchless downshifting aspect. Really, if you're not interested in that, save your skrilla. Depending on your shifting style (pull in clutch, grab a bunch of gears and dump the clutch or pulling clutch, grab gear, feather clutch, grab gear, feather clutch, etc.) it actually may not be effective at all using the clutch trigger. Using an inline switch in the opposite direction as your QS, you get a "blip" for ever gear, and they "stack".

If you have any questions, you've got my email address.

16. attack636

i have it hooked up to a quick shifter and the front brake but you do not need the brake on to use it. It works with out being on the brakes

17. metricdevilmoto

Then what's the point of it being hooked up to the brake switch?

18. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

More importantly it sounds like it's hooked up wrong. If it doesn't know you're trying to reduce speed, sounds like an amazing way to back shift and engine. It'll even help you...

It is designed to see brake signal since it seems that would be easier than knowing tps.

19. metricdevilmoto

The system, as indicated in the literature, is only "intended" to blip the throttle when the brakes are applied and the clutch is pulled in. It's "intended" to rev match for you while downshifting conventionally with the clutch. Throttle position would be a useless data point. Alternate wiring allows it to be used for clutchless downshifts, but also more potential for something bad to happen if it's utilized incorrectly. By using the intended wiring diagram, they are guaranteeing that the only time a blip event can be triggered is when you're on the brakes and the clutch is pulled in. Safer, and probably way less likely to get you sued when someone does it wrong, but not faster.

20. attack636

It isnt hooked up wrong trust me on that one iv installed a few of these and have hooked them up just how they say to but i use the quick shifter sensor not the clutch switch.