1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto blip and clutchless downshift for a 600?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pudge, Mar 28, 2016.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

im sure installing a Motec or similar ECU would be a great way to put an awesome auto-blipper onto a fly-by-wire 600.

anyone have any idea about how many pros that could clutchless downshift actually do? we see vids of Rossi's left hand working the clutch on corner entry all the time. is he an old guy that hasnt learned a new trick or still the normal? or is it too corner-dependent to say?

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

^ I wonder about that too with these new systems? My son said on some corners he would be trail braking as well as slipping the clutch lever out at the same time to find the control he wanted.

3. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

I can blip the throttle but don't want to anymore if I don't have to. I'm old and slow and just looking for something to give my forearms and hands relief from arm pump. I think this would really help.

I won't be racing or even winning track days. Just want to get back on the track and have some fun at Barber and Tally a few times a year at some track days.;)

blake holt likes this.
  4. racer880

racer880 Banned

Hi Mike, What unit are you referring to? Techronics?

5. blake holt

blake holt Well-Known Member

Dude, contact Joe Denowh(Turn One Racing). He is a Translogic dealer and has an autoblip system that has NO CLUTCH switch.

6. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

The cabs unit doesn't need the clutch switch. It just needs a signal, often from a second switch on the shift rod.

7. blake holt

Correct. From what i have seen the most common methoud with cabs is a clutch switch, but i also have seen them with second switch as you mentioned(was reported to work well) However, the Translogic system is even more simple,as it uses only one switch to quick shift and auto blip, thus removing the added expense and potential failure of the second switch.

8. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

Does anyone have instructions on hooking it up to a 2nd (opposite) shift sensor? I've been looking and can't seem to find a DIY instructions.

9. blake holt

Diy on what system?

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Stack them or sell yours and buy one of the new DJ push/pull switches.

11. metricdevilmoto

The new DJ switch does the same thing.

12. blake holt

It is literally the same switch, DJ is sourcing from Translogic(im sure you were aware though)

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  13. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

No need to buy more shift sensors. All the shift sensors are just swiches, wire one in series with a dpdt relay and you instantly have two sensor switches with both NO and NC options. Should cost no more than $10.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  14. Triple R

For the CABS. I'm looking to hook it up to a 2nd (opposite) sensor in order to run the clutchless auto blip.

15. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Just use the same as they show for the clutch switch and just move the 'clutch' switch to whatever you want where you want. It just needs to see the signal.

16. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Except that the typical switch is a single NO SPST device, either PUSH or PULL. Pulling on a PUSH switch does NOT activate it, so the relay would not trip. The new Translogic / DJ units are either dual SPST switches internally back-to-back or a single SP3T; I would assume dual SPST. The new Bazzaz sensors are strain gauges, and can sense push and pull.

17. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

question? why blip at all? if you have a slipper clutch (most come stock) and you adjust it correctly, there should be no need to blip. I have never, in 21 years blipped a bike that had a slipper clutch. if the clutch is set up right the bike should not move.

18. Triple R

Got it.

Did you route the wires for the brake switch (from the cabs) to a constant 12v source?

19. metricdevilmoto

Because, done right, you don't have to touch the clutch at all on downshifts.

20. metricdevilmoto

The switches and the triggers don't work that way.