1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arogant prick

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Sep 3, 2003.

1. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

It ain't "my theory" Roger. So, like I said before, go do the digging yourself. Sorry, but I'm not your research assistant. If your check arrives and it's of an acceptable amount, I'll do the digging for you. Until them, you're on your own. I've read some things on it, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go digging for you. Feeding my brain is my problem; feeding yours is your problem.

TA, please explain the link between "income" and "outgo" in Congress and I'll give a shit what the deficits are. What you still don't grasp is that what Congress spends has ZERO impact on what it brings in via taxation. Reagan's tax policies resulted in higher revenues (as did JFK's). Congress spent all that and then some. By what twisted logic do you get that increased tax revenues results in larger deficits, given that there's no connection between spending and tax revenue? Had Congress not pissed away all the increases, plus an extra $0.38 for every new dollar brought in, we have huge surpluses in that same period. Or are you going to tell me that government spending is what brought in all the additional tax revenue. If so, please provide me one example, from any time in history, of a country that has taxed and spent it's way to prosperity. Good luck finding one since no example is known to exist.

And yes, I want to privatize social security. At least then it would be worth something, instead of being a Ponzi scheme. You'll have to look that up on your own, too. If I had the money I'm pissing away in Social Security payments to put into my regular retirement portfolio I'd be so much better off it's not even funny. The money I've put away on my own so far, if I stopped adding to it tomorrow, will be worth much more than the SS benefits I'd be eligible for after continuing to pay until I'm 68 or whatever it is now. And all this from putting in less money than SS takes every month. Don't forget; your employer contributes the same 7.35% you get tagged with so SS actually gets about 15% from you every month. Put 15% in any private retirement vehicle and you'll outpace SS in about six months of contributions. Of course, SS will be bankrupt long before I'm old enough to be eligible.

As for how I went to college, I got a student loan from my local bank and had some academic scholarships. The rest was on my nickel, with some help from my parents. The Master's degree was all on my nickel. No Federal hand-outs required. Oh, perhaps there was some assitance on the interest rate for the loan (I can't recall and I certainly don't care enough to go look) but that's still a far cry from a direct hand-out for my tuition bill.

And Roger, I don't recall ever mentioning that ANY Americans should be treated any differently than any others. So I have no special plans for the poor or the middle class because I think everyone should be treated equally. I don't buy into Karl Marx's "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs" philosophy. I just have faith in the market's ability to provide a product for a price the consumer can afford. It seems to work in all other cases, I see no reason why a college education would be any different.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

seems the radical left have yet to grasp the "that's life" and i need to work harder mentality.

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

in other words, you ain't got a clue how to support that line of bull you tried handing to roger :D

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

wow! A microcosm of the liberal vs. conservative conflict!

In other word, he doesn't have time to do his work for him.

But since he/you don't agree with him and can't defend your argument, you are going to refuse to address the point and so you simply attack that he won't spoon feed you.

:rolleyes:

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

The Buck Stops Here

Harry Truman had a saying the "Buck Stops Here".

The saying "the buck stops here" derives from the slang expression "pass the buck" which means passing the responsibility on to someone else.

I asked a retorical question of MTK, did the deficit go up during the Reagan Administration?? hell yes it did....and he basically passed the buck along to congress, "it's congresses fault for balancing the budget," He said. Congress points the finger back to president.... WOW passing the buck is fun, isn't it!! We still had to pay for it ten years down the road.

MTK forgets it was the Ronald Reagan lead agenda which caused record deficit spending during his eight year term. :Poke:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

and the fact that you think ONE PERSON in the world effect the deficit proves what a moron you are chuck.

7. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I said "Reagan lead agenda"....that means republican senators and representatives....cabinet....that’s a lot of people not just one.

Who is responsible for largest military buildup since WWII??
    That is Ronnie's legacy.

Who is responsible for largest deficit in US history??
    That's also apart of Ronnie's legacy in republican's would like you to forget.

Watch out on insults, doughboy...I could of really unleashed on MTK but didn't. He obviously put a lot of thought in his answer and I didn't want to be disrespectful. I just pointed out the vicious circle of reasoning.

Anyone think that MTK should be a politican raise your hand. :D

8. WeaselBob

Well, if the discontinued Pell grants get you so upset, you must really get pissed at in-place corporate welfare-like subsidies going to tobacco, farmers, railroads and other industries that can’t pay their way. And I’ll bet you get apoplectic about the protectionist tariffs that double the price of imported goods that rape your wallet to protect businesses that can’t globally compete... just following your line of reasoning :D

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hell yeah. screw the farmers. let them paint fences or something. last farmer wins, and gets to keep his business.

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Oh, you got me. I guess I'm busted. :rolleyes:

Try looking up the terms "Reaganomics" or "Trickle Down Economics." As I said, it's not "my theory" at all.

11. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

HaHaHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Oh wait, you're serious.

You seem to confuse being unwilling as being unable. Two different animals.

And YamaBob, yeah, I don't like those either. I'm a Libertarian so I don't like government in any way, shape, or form, since it generally has the ability to fuck up a wet dream. It's also a parasitic drag on the economy since it produces NOTHING of value for the resources it consumes.

12. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Johnny depp-sheep dip !
    What a classic hollywood funk'n idiot !
    If he dislikes the U.S.A. and the greenbacks
    that are in his pocket . . . get the fuck out and stay out !

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i thought that remark was funny too. things are bad when last place chuck "unleashes" on ya. :rolleyes:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

14. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

And who DOUBLED government tax revenues during his two terms? Ronald Reagan.

By Constitutional Law, where do spending bills originate? The House of Representatives.

How many Republican-controlled Houses did Reagan have in the four Congresses he had to work with? Zero.

Oh yeah, who's military build-up is DIRECTLY responsible for making sure we have the most advanced military on planet earth, one that is feared by every two-bit dictator on this rock? Ronald Reagan.

How many of the nine (?) appropriations bills that are passed every year by Congress are ever Vetoed? Not too many.

How many US Service Personnel are still alive because they've got the best equipment our brightest minds can develop? Countless, and that's the most important number to me. If a man is willing to risk his life for his country, he deserves the best equipment money can buy to keep him alive.

Oh yeah, and best of all, who's military build-up caused the collapse of the Soviet Union, the biggest threat the United States has ever faced? Ronald Reagan.

So Reagan defeated the Evil Empire, rebuilt our military from the shambles of the Carter Administration, and ushered out an era of 17% inflation and usered in the longest period of economic growth in US history. We routinely had 5% growth under Reagan, but Clinton claimed that 2.2% was "unprecidented growth."

Yeah, the deficit got ran up under Reagan. But the reason for that was because the Reagan Administration and the Democrats in Congress made a deal: you spend on what you want and I'll spend on what I want. End result is deficit spending. But the bottom line is that his tax cuts INCREASED REVENUE and that's the whole point.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually it should have been more of a general statement instead of just directed at Pell grants(my bad). I was told by my counsellor to forget it with any grants because of the reasons I stated and my parents made too much money(not that much actually).

As for being offensive to you... tough shit.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Let's get one thing straigt here Bob, my statement was not racist. I am not a racist. I have a problem with reverse discrimination but don't have a problem with any race on the face of this planet and challenge you to find anyone that will tell you otherwise. Stop trying to find bullshit racism where there isn't any. I have no problem with screwing around with feeding these silly assed arguments on here but you can shove that shit up your ass.

17. WeaselBob

well hot damn, we agree on something :D

18. WeaselBob

that "reverse descrimination" crap is no different than a minority playing the race card--99 percent of the time neither is valid

19. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The obvious inference in your post is that you think Pell grants were awarded to non-white immigrants because they have parents who don't work.

If you aren't rascist then just don't make comments that are so easily misinterpreted as such.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest