1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arogant prick

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Does any country have the ability to hit the USA with a nuclear missile?

Dave K, France has swung to the left.

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

defense spending is all about politics....my friend, you have a winner. :Poke:

each member of congress knows exactly how much each project will bring to there district.

I don't understand the deep seated hatred towards the UN, France and Johnny Depp. There isn't any grey area.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep, sure would have helped my family too but I was born a white male US citizen with working parents so no luck for me. :rolleyes:

4. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

race had nothing to do wih the awarding of Pell grants, they were based on financial need. I guess there were no low-income white boys in your world? :confused:
    I find your comments baseless and offensive.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  5. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

And I find your freedom with MY money equally offensive. Find me the section of the US Constitution that says "you have a right to a college education paid for with public funds" and I'll give a shit about the loss of Pell grants.

And as for nukes, the beauty of them is that it only takes one. Yeah, SDI may not be feasable for stopping a full Russian strike, but that's a whole different arguement than a rogue nation with a few missiles or a terrorist group with one. Which seems to be the most likely threat we face today, at least to me.

And Dave, we need more B1B Bombers, not B52s. The B1B can carry 96,000lbs of ordinance compared to 48,000lbs for the B52. More bang for your buck and all that. :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, I like the idea of a plane designed in the late 40's bombing Mr. I Hate America back in the Stone Age.

I read some book with interviews of North Vietnamese soldiers and Viet Cong and the psychological effects that the B52 had on them. The best was an interview with one then 18 year old NVA who was caught in an arclight strike. His hair had turned white from fear during the strike. :eek:

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Yah, you're right. Why give away money to someone that actually is using it for something other than beer and cigs... :rolleyes: Some rich dude could use that money to stroke the economy... ;)

8. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

freedom with your money, now THAT's a catchy emotional phrase, but what the hell are you saying? I called the Mr RC on a racist comment and you come start bellowing some tawdry, patriotic crap--lame, very lame :down:

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The irony of SDI is that even if it could be implemented, it would be self defeating.

Rogue nations and terrorist groups aren't going to waste their breath on ICBM's.

The most likely nuclear threat the USA faces today would be delivered in a suitcase, a truck or maybe a cessna.

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

What the hell am I saying? It's pretty simple: no where in the US Constitution is there ANYTHING that gives the Federal Government the authority to steal money from folks at the point of a gun and give it to you to go to college with. It's really that simple. You're not entitled to a college education so if you want one then get off your ass and go pay for it.

As for giving the money to someone to buy beer and cigarettes, I've got a better idea: why don't we let the folks who EARNED that money keep it by not stealing it from them in the first place. Then THEY can decide how that money would be best used, which is entirely their right since it's their money to begin with.

And Dave, I still say the B1B is a better deal. It does the same Arclight strikes but you can drop the same amount of bombs from the half as many planes or twice as many bombs from the same number of planes (my personal favorite). Not to mention keep a bunch of defense contractors employed on the newer technology of the B1B. Plus it can carry all the newer smart ordinance.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

mtk...did you go to a public or private university?? doesn't your state have public universities??

one way or another your tax dollars are paying for somebody's college education.

I'd say your all wrong....just a couple of C-5A galaxies loaded with troops and tanks.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I totally support Pell grants and low interest student loans. I survived and thrived (and got drunk once or twice) utilizing them. Without them, I'd be a moralistic low life left winger. :D

Help save the youth of America from being liberals, support Pell Grants. :D

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question on Friday asking you for support for the argument that lowering taxes (revenue) increases revenue. You cited to Congressional Budget Office stats for the reagan years where tax rates went down but revenue went up. Great, but how does the Clinton tax raise and resulting increase in revenue jive with your so far unsupported theory?

Come on MTK, or someone, point in the direction so I can attempt to understand the theory and the reality. And I'm not kidding.

On a less serious note: MTK, how would the user fee/taaxation concept apply to B1Bs. If I chose to live under a right wing tyranny could I opt of taxes to pay for the B1B?:D :Poke:

And also less serious: MTK, did you go to a state supported school? Time to pay back the gov for the value of your school!!! Really if you couldn't afford a private school, don't go!!!:D :Poke:

Rodger

14. Shyster d'Oil

And I get the slow typist award for 2003!! (Compare t/a with what I said.:D ;) )

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah?

well f&ck you and T/A. :D

16. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Roger, considering that you lack the reading comprehension to correctly parrot back "lowering marginal tax rates" and instead choose to call it "lowering revenue," why should I bother? Given your wording, it's clear that nothing I could write would carry much weight with you since you've already reached your conclusion (how can "lowering revenue" increase revenue).

More importantly, there are plenty of economists who've destroyed whole forests writing at length of the very subject. They've said it much better than I have any desire or intention of typing here. Go look it up yourself.

As for your B1B BS, the US Constitution grants the Feds the power to defend the borders. That's the job of B1B Bombers.

And I also don't see how you can relate a state-supported school with Pell Grants to individuals. But I'll see your ante and raise you one: let's pull public funding from ALL education at ALL levels, from kindergarten to graduate school. Then universities would have to respond to market forces, rather than just continuing to spiral out of control like they are right now. Cause you know what, Grove City College in PA is private and they've managed to hold the line on tuition while all the state schools in PA have raised it by huge amounts this year. I'll bet they don't have some magic insight into the economics of higher education so it should work all over. And elementary education could benefit from vouchers and then vote with their dollars if their school sucks, which many of them do.

17. Shyster d'Oil

MTK, I was merely asking politely what support you have for your theory. i presumed that you would be polite enough to provide a source. Insult me all you like, but don't be coy -- either you have support for your position or you don't.

And if you think i have my mind made up think again.

And take a chill pill compadre.

Rodger

18. Shyster d'Oil

So where do the middle class and poor fit into your equation, or don't they?

Rodger

19. Shyster d'Oil

Stop daydreaming -- you couldn't handle my manhood alone, or is that where T/A comes in??:D :eek:

20. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

nice circular argument. mtk. so answer the question what was the deficit before and after Reagan??

so let me guess, you never received any assistance while attending college. Student Loans, Grants or Scholarships.

I supposed you also want to privatize social security.

brad's just trolling ....he's a harmless mosquito....