1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sorry, for some reason I thought you bought the GMT.
    Black strap, red stitching. (formal)
    Red strap, white stitching. (fun)
    Olive Drab NATO strap. (LINK)

Also, someone's done some work for you: https://magazine.bulangandsons.com/strap-guide-tudor-heritage-ranger/

Spooner likes this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Nice! I have a selection of NATO’s already and I do like them but I don’t like the leather strap it came with. I’m kinda thinking a reddish leather strap but I’ll be checking out that link closely. I’ve looked at so many now my head is spinning so I’m giving myself some time to think about it since these cost a decent amount.

Jedb likes this.
  3. Spooner

What do you guys think of this? I’m not really a ‘green’ guy but I think this might look really good on it. I just hate that it would take over a month to get one made, I hate waiting . It’s also like $175 which is pretty steep.

Attached Files:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For that kind of money I'd make my own... Way too much money for a leather band to me.

5. Spooner

If I knew how to do that I wouldn’t be buying one lol

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I've learned that if I don't love it in the store I won't love it at home.

RichB likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For 175 bucks someone will teach you :D

Spooner likes this.
  8. Spooner

Finally got a couple coming. In my google searches Etsy came up which I had never thought of. There’s a million options on there and are way more reasonable. Got two colors from one seller for like $75 shipped so I was pretty pumped on that. Got a green and then the dark brown and I am having them use a red stitch on that one. Might be a little bright when new but after it gets a little grungy it should be perfect.
    6FAC49A3-F701-4E85-8A75-99FCBA6E329C.jpeg 8DA22FB9-C45C-45D9-A1D6-1F04A8C8E858.jpeg

cha0s#242 and Jedb like this.
  9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

they had one in stock at the jeweler I visited. Unfortunately, I am cheap and won’t pay retail for anything

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Smart, unless it's a Rolex and right now, you'd be lucky to just pay retail with the way they are doing business.

12. Spooner

Did I see that right that it's a quartz?? That makes it completely undesirable to me, especially for $2100!

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some of the F1s and other Tags are quartz.

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I understand people liking automatic watches, but quartz have their benefits.

I like that i can grab the watch and always be on time, even if I didnt wear for a while.
    Now working from home my SKX is always dead, I only wear it once a week, it annoying to have to set the time and date every time. So I have been wearing my quartz Seiko a lot more often.

15. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I'm enjoying my Tag Aquaracer quartz quite a lot, but then it didn't cost $2100! :) And there's definitely something to be said for it just being right all the time.

Spooner likes this.
  16. Spooner

Funny enough I have a quartz Seiko as well..and its the only watch I have that doesn't work lol! Got the battery replaced last year and they said some water got inside and fubar'd it. I had barely worn it in several years so no clue how that happened and considering its a dive watch it also didn't make sense. Oh well.

rafa likes this.
  17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Bummer

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Heads up sub guys.....saw this on another forum
    Not a give away price but not that bad either.

VINTAGE/RETRO: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Date 300M

Professional Diver’s Watch – Ref# 16610 Discontinued Model last of the tritium Subs

** Purchased brand new in 1998 original owner and comes with complete original set: Both boxes, tags, guarantee paper, booklets, Rolex Anchor charm, only ever serviced at Rolex USA in NY with warranty from recent service for two years from Sept. 2019.

Perfect for a collector or someone who wants an excellent watch. Rare to see with all original boxes and paperwork. U serial 40mm Oyster holes case , non ceramic, non SEL. True Classic Automatic movement Rolex calibre 3135 – Seconds, minutes, hours, date.

$10,500.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Dave K @JBraun @SteveThompson

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$10.5? I'd almost sell my 2000s era one for that (even if I did not get the anchor) when it hits that price point.

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That would be a nice one to have. On Chrono24 you can search by year and for the full set, etc. It looks like they are selling for a tiny bit less than this guy is asking, but it's in the ballpark.